Thread: Closing of Construction Industry.

Email problem
    Thanks

Closing of Construction Industry.

Is the construction industry really closing down over December?? I think not anymore. People cant afford to stop working even if its just for a week. They may not work under the company name but will take projects on in their private capacity...

Whats your thoughts??

Thanks
    I have been serving clients in the construction industry for the last 4 years and can say without a doubt that 15 December - 15 January is always a complete standstill. They typically start first week of January again, but then it takes a week for them to get their house in order before orders start coming in again. (Building activities resume that is) February is always a good month for me though!

It is actually so bad, I have setup alternative focus areas for December/January to ensure my business can survive over that period.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaffold View Post
    Is the construction industry really closing down over December?? I think not anymore. People cant afford to stop working even if its just for a week.
    There've been times in the past when I thought the same thing. Didn't happen though. Construction still ground to a halt.

If you're chasing - the gap at this time of year is in scheduled shutdown maintenance.

Thanks
    I need to get my swimming pool fixed, cracked shell and pipes. The one guy told me hi is working over December. Just need to see if homeowners insurance will cover some of this before starting.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Suspended
    Thanks
    we work right thru...its normally my busiest time of year...only problem is trying to get money out of people because they spend all their money before christmas or pay leave pay and bonuses then cant pay me....and stall payment till end of feb...and boy do i hear excuses...yet i watch as the new 47 " tv gets taken out the box...new dstv...etc etc...so a word of advice if you want someone to work in your house or factory dont show off with all your new toys...tv etc if you cant afford to pay the sucker working during this period...it not pleasant...in fact it is damn rude.

and yes i do get calls on christmas day...especially for oven repairs...because the roast needs to be cooked...i should stock up on elements and switches for christamas and charge R1000 a call out...i could make some good money.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by murdock View Post
    charge R1000 a call out...i could make some good money.
    Aah a Xmas present?
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256