Thread: 2 for 1 deal (samsung Galaxy S2 + Galaxy tab 10.1)

Thanks

2 for 1 deal (samsung Galaxy S2 + Galaxy tab 10.1)

I just got an S2 and 10.1 tab from Vodacom for R499 p/m on business call. This also gives me 100 megs data for the first 3 months.
    I did a relative price comparison on pricecheck. If I had bought the 2 together, I would be paying the equivalent of R535 p/m, so it's a pretty good deal. Works out to 502.60 when you add CLI, so not breaking the bank. It's a pretty decent deal for someone who doesn't use their phone for calls at all (like me) or needs business call for the rates.

http://www.vodacom.co.za/personal/ph...=191&_suid=838

Thanks
    Sounds like a good deal!

I got a good deal from Vodacom as well, about 2 weeks ago.

Took out a 24 month contract for R639 per month, which includes a 1 GB data bundle (incl modem) and a Dell Inspiron D5110 i7 laptop, plus laptop bag and mouse.

The portion of the R639 that relates to the data bundle is R250, which means that the laptop is costing me R389 per month. Over 2 years it will cost me R9,336, which is cheaper than the cash price, for the exact same laptop, at Incredible Connection (R9,995) - and that excludes a laptop bag and a mouse!

Not sure how Vodacom makes their money out of such deals. I was buying a pay-as-you-go data bundle every month anyway, so the R250 per month is not costing me any more than I was spending before, except that it's now on a contract.
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

Suspended
    Thanks
    You wont go wrong with the galaxy 10.1 ........... also got myne on a deal R369 per month which includes 2gigs data every month ........ Its cheaper than if I had paid cash for it !!

Thanks
    @Neville, they make the money on the data. The difference (if converted to a per month value) on your laptop from them versus incredible connection is R25 p/m. you'll find that the operating costs on that 1 gig data bundle are a lot less than R250 =P. In addition to that, they will be getting the laptop at cost, same with my S2 and tab. With my particular deal, I think they are hoping to make more money because it is a business call contract. generally businessmen make a lot of calls (law of averages, of course).

there is of course the sheer number of people who take the deal that makes them their money as well.