Thread: cop 17

Suspended
    Thanks

cop 17

and so as the cop 17 delegates start rolling into town...so do the blue light brigades in full force...maybe it time to take a vacation away from durban...watching them flying into durban in the rain...eeeeeisih...you just have to move and get as far away from them as possible because if you look at them wrong chances are...you in trouble and likely to be pushed off the road for being a threat...i would love to see the stat of accidents caused by these so called VIP " Violent Inconsiderate Pomposity" cival servants or should i say kings and queens...with driver trained to "KILL" or should i say protect at any cost...

what i still find hard to believe is they work for me because i pay their salaries "rates...texes etc" yet they expect people to bow to them when they drive past...

Suspended
    Thanks
    lol ............ up here I encounter them all the time, especially on the highway to the airport - they drive those black BMW's and come up at such a pace behind you with there blue lights and scare the shit out of you to move over !!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Agreed. It will be hell to fly in and out of Durban. The pick up was badly designed and posed problems from day one. With this kind of gathering it gets worse. I've been told that the collection area will be closed to the public and you will have to park in the shaded parking area to collect anyone from the airport.

And guess what? The 1st half hour is free! Thanks for nothing as the parking is almost a kilometre away from the main building.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    And guess what? The 1st half hour is free! Thanks for nothing as the parking is almost a kilometre away from the main building.
    The multi-storey undercover parking has the first 15 minutes free. Works fine for drop-offs - not so hot for pick-ups if you plan to be at the arrivals gate when whomever you're picking up comes out.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Experienced the COP 17 restrictions at the airport first hand on Friday night. As I knew about this in advance, we decided to leave the car at the airport and not risk inconveniencing the person collecting us.

It actually worked well as we were picked up in a golf cart from and back to the parking. Just be patient and they'll collect you within less than 5 minutes. I suppose R75 per day for parking is not too bad, but it accumulates if you are gone for 3 - 4 days or longer.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.