Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 Million Free Downlights- i4SBF, Ecoglobe, Eskom project

Thanks

2 Million Free Downlights- i4SBF, Ecoglobe, Eskom project

Hi there, to all business heavyweights and company decision makers. There is an email I would like to send to you if you are interested. Two million downlights are avaliable to go to any company with big orders. The only catch is you have to install them yourselves, which you would have done anyway. So its a no brainer! Why is it being done you ask? Companies are not willing to outlay the capital to buy expensive, energy reducing downlights, so i4SBF and Ecoglobe are doing so to reduce Eskom load problems and in the future claim from the Rebate Program. If there are any questions you can a hold of Dane on 0824088585 for a quick response or alternatively email to danekerwin@gmail.com( Kzn ) and will take down your email address and send you the details. Please a decision needs to be made soon as the closing date is Monday afternoon 21 November 2011 as this project needs to be finished by Feb 2012. Thank you and hope to answer some questions.

Thanks
    You're giving away 2 million downlights but you're operating with a gmail address and a cellphone number. There's a very tight time frame with less than a day (weekend excluded) for anyone considering involvement to do some homework..you'll forgive me if I seem a little skeptical. Companies don't give away product because they feel sorry for the parastatal that supplies the nations power.

Please supply a website link from the source suppliers that outlines the terms of the scheme.

Please supply a link to your company website.

You say downlights, are you talking about complete fittings of just the lamps?

Thanks
    I understand peoples concerns. This is the email that was sent to me be my superiors in joburg. I am one of their representitives based in Durban. The manger Sigi Babendererde will be able to answer any questions to this regard. Hope this helps.

Thanks, Dane.

Dear Sir / Madam
    It has been much publicised that Eskom currently has a severe and massive shortage of generation capacity. In view of this, Eskom has desperately sought to decrease load factors in respect of the demand for electricity.
    Given the national footprint that EcoGlobe has with respect to power consumption savings with Solid State Lighting (SSL), Eskom has decided to engage with EcoGlobe and i4SBF to procure the massive benefits to them that are brought about by the reduction in power consumption, already experienced by customers currently utilising these products.
    Based hereon, Eskom has made available substantially facilitated programs to implement the solutions proposed by EcoGlobe. The savings benefits will allow them, in a very short period of time, to reduce the load factor demand on the grid.
    The Down-lighter Roll-Out Program:
    - EcoGlobe has committed to Eskom and i4SBF a roll out of 2-million down-lighters over a period of 90 working days.
    - The program has been designed to alleviate the customer from having to lay out capital expenditure for the products and await a “rebate” from Eskom.
    - The product will be supplied free of charge, subject only to an installation fee.
    - Benefit to the customer is approximately 90% savings and a 3-year warranty.
    Should you wish to take advantage of the program, kindly have the attached “Letter of Intent” completed and signed by a key decision-maker in your company. It can be faxed to 086 690 5922.
    Due to the high demand, the program is on a “First Come – First Serve” basis. Therefore, it is imperative that we receive the “Letter of Intent” soonest. This will allow EcoGlobe to place your company on the delivery list for the Roll-Out Program, and will be submitted to Eskom.
    We look forward to enrolling you in the program!
    Yours sincerely,

S.A.O. Babendererde
    082 507 9887

CWRM Energy Management
    CORPORATE NAF-TECH AND CREE DISTRIBUTORS

Tel. +27 11 314 3950 Fax +27 11 314 3935
    Cell. +27 82 507 9887 Fax2 +27 86 690 6140

Web. www.naf-tech.co.za www.cree.com
    www.cwrmglobal.co.za

Thanks
    I'm struggling to find credibility in you claims that ecoglob are giving away solid state lamps for free. Quite the contrary in fact, on ecoglob's home page is states;
    Our value proposition

Tailor-made Eco-friendly lighting solutions
    Widest Product Range
    Highest quality
    Competitive pricing
    Exclusive 3 year manufacturer replacement warranty
    Nationwide sales, installation & maintenance providers
    Proven cost savings models and calculations
    Eskom rebate assistance
    which means they'll point you in the right direction for an Eskom rebate if you purchase their products.

Please attach a copy of the 'letter of intent' mentioned in your post above, I'd like to read it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NTLTL View Post
    - The product will be supplied free of charge, subject only to an installation fee.
    I can think of a few clients to talk to, but that installation cost is not the sort of thing that's going to get budget approval in short order

I have to say this really looks like a hail mary play.

• Posted on Friday lunch time.
    • Targetting corporates.
    • Commitment wanted on Monday.

Somebody didn't think this through. Yep - that sounds like Eskom.

Gee - they must really be on the ragged edge of meeting demand this summer.

Thanks
    Sorry for the late reply. Here is the letter of intent. Feel free to contact me with any questions, will be happy to help
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    The installation costs if applicable of the Products will be borne by us (“the
    customer”) and that such installation shall be done by i4SBF (Pty) Ltd
    Can you give some indication of the installation costs for the downlights?

Upon approval of the ROP in relation to our premises, a contractual agreement will
    be entered into between i4SBF (Pty) Ltd and ourselves in regard to the
    maintenance of the energy efficient solution for the period five years.
    Is there a copy of the contract available for perusal? Why would solid state technology require ongoing maintenance for 5 years? What does the maintenance actually involve and how often is maintenance required and a what cost to the customer over the 5 year period?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The installation costs if applicable of the Products will be borne by us (“the
    customer”) and that such installation shall be done by i4SBF (Pty) Ltd at a mutually
    agreed time and date. If an installation cost applies to the client this will be subject
    to client approval.
    Aah, pity about that. Was hoping my company could look at the installation side of things.

No, I don't think I'll be handing over my customers on that basis

Thanks
    Sorry about the misreading of the ''install it yourselves'' quote. Thats my fault as I was informed it was to be done that way by the manager and I will speak to him about that and the maintanance Andy. I didn't mean to pull the wool over anyone's eyes.

It's just that (and this is my point of view) we have an opportunity to reduce energy consumption. I mean they aren't having COP17 here to talk about how we can increase consumption and pollute more. It's aimed at sustainability and the future. Or at leased thats what they say they doing. I suppose in this world we know you got to give something to get something(it makes life tough to think when you give something away and look at your empty hand and wonder if someone would do the same). And I suppose what i4SBF are trying to do is give something that is going to help in the future( because alot of people live in the now, that magical fairy land where everyday is sunshine and rainbows and we can imagine our problems away). We don't know what the future holds for us, but what I do know is the responsibility is in our hands. But then again not many people take responsibility. Those people are called leaders (and that is what I aim to be) and without them we have no direction (not to say that they always point us in the right direction, but its better than picking your nose and hoping that when you pull it out... that its going to turn into a compass). So what's it going to be... be apart of the solution or the problem. It might cost a little bit with installation and maintainance( don't know how much its gona be), but how much money would you give to save the planet ( and you gona say screw the planet my bank balance is more important), But then I'm gona tell you look at your children and grandchildren(if you got) and you tell them sorry, tough sh*t for you, I've already lived my life, so you deal with it, and there goes your responsibility...Feels good doesn't it. Sustainability people!!! Do something about it, it's sitting in our hands right now.

Hope you all enjoyed my novel. Normally I would charge you all for reading " my point of view " but I'm feeling generous today and I know it's the right thing to do. P.S Don't brand me as an eco-bunny, I'm just a fan of efficiency.

Thanks
    There's several sides to this. I fully understand the efficient lighting technology is going to play a big part in reducing energy demands.

The side I'm trying to get clarity on is the business side of it. Both Ecoglobe and i4SBF are doing this roll out with a business agenda....they are after all businesses and not eco charities. They're doing it with a view to gain. If someone's gaining then someone else is giving and I'm trying to figure out the model that this is based on.

At best, with Ecoglobe it's a brand awareness project which is fair enough but I'd like to know the connection between Ecoglobe and i4SBF as well as Eskom and i4SBF. Also I'd like to know what value is being added by i4SBF to the project. I'm not convince that a paid 5 year maintenance contract is value and I'm not convinced that being paid for installation (which could be performed by any electrical contractor if not the customer themselves) is adding value either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast