Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 Million Free Downlights- i4SBF, Ecoglobe, Eskom project

Thanks
    I completely agree with your views, but I haven't been exposed to the higher-ups information, which I would love to get a hold of to know the bigger scheme of things. Tried to phone Sigi's cell but he is not picking up at the moment. Please remember that I'm just the messenger and most of the information you are looking for lies with the higher-ups. I also don't agree with the deadline in regards to the " letter of intent" I think it's ridiculous. How are people supposed to make decisions so quickly without everyone involved putting their chips on the table? I just want to be able to connect the right people together for a good cause and hope these companies aren't trying to take advantage of the consumers good intentions, because I believe that won't make way for good business in the future, and it would be stupid for them to do so. It take years to build a reputation with customers so I as why would they risk damaging it? What's your opinion?

Thanks
    Just got off the phone with Sigi and their will be an extension to the "letter of intent" and appartently 800 000 light are alread gone. He said that if anyone is sceptical, but genuinely interested in being apart of this can give him a call, so you will be able to understand the magnitude of what they are doing. Hope is will cure your doubt.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Have to agree with Andy. I find it hard to trust people with no profile or traceable references.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Good Evening All,

The LED (and historical CFL) Eskom rollouts are DAMAGING the integrity of far superior LED products due to the integration of cheap, poor quality alternatives as quick fix! Apart from the "financial assurance" issues discussed in previous posts are two far more concerning factors. Namely SAFETY and QUALITY. All luminaire "suppliers" must provide valid internationally accredited certification verifying all safety and quality factors are accounted for - certification that the majority of SA LED suppliers DO NOT HAVE!

As a general warning please be wary of "free" or "fully subsidised" incentive schemes currently on offer throughout South Africa. Eskom's rebates are fully justified and well documented and the management of the Eskom IDM/DSM programs are doing their level best to monitor and control the above factors. Unfortunately there are always individuals and companies looking to make a quick "buck" and if it sounds too good to be true... IT IS!!!

Scrutinise every aspect of every incentive and agreement clause - and ensure that any LOI (Letter of Intent) is fully understood!!! The suppliers and service agents are very quick to offer an LOI! I hope this helps someone, somewhere and prevents the growth of the uncontrolled supply sector. Quality LED products are available so do what you can to source the RIGHT product rather than settling for a cheaper, inferior fire/shock hazard.

Thanks
    Hi muzzburger903, welcome to the forum.

rather than settling for a cheaper, inferior fire/shock hazard.
    A large part of what's holding back to widespread use of LED lamps (apart from capital outlay) is unreliability. There's too many inferior brands or re-branded products. I think part of the problem is the speed that the technology is moving at, there's constantly end of line stock being dumped here because it's considered old technology in Europe.

I haven't heard about shock and fire hazards but I'd be interested to read more if you have links to relavent info.

Thanks
    Out of the goodness of the heart, will you spare me some free lights, about 10?
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    As Andy points out, technology is moving at lightning speed.

I have sourced a number of good quality LEDs lights, which I have personally tested, and happy with the quality. It is difficult to sell because of the cheap competition. When ever I get samples in, the first thing I do is open it up and look at the electronics. I look for part numbers and do a search on the web for the data sheets. Once I look at the data sheets, it automatically tells me what kind of electronics is being used. I then put it through my own test process.

I have a 230V down lighter in an aluminium fitting non-dimable - 3 watts and very impressed with the quality, lumens approximately 200 lumens and best of all price. The total down lighter with the fitting is about R85.00 excluding VAT. I only brought a few samples for testing, but if anyone is interested, I will bring in stock.

When buying LEDs, look at the lumen ratings, the top of the range LEDs from Nichia and CREE will give you 100 lumens per what, all others will give you anything down from 75 lumens per watt. Of course Nichia and CREE are very efficient LEDs, but so is the price. If money is not a concern, then always attempt to purchase fittings which use Nichia or CREE LEDs, the manufacturers of the LEDs will not skimp on the electronics, simply because of the cost of the LEDs.

Soon I will have my new website up with good tips - www.simplelights.co.za
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Email problem
    Thanks
    Good day All

I, Prishal Kathard, am one of the directors of i4 SBF and would like to clarify any misconceptions on the Eskom Residential Mass Roll-out Programme. I would like to clarify that all downlights will be provided and installed FREE OF CHARGE to the Residential market . The customer/home owner will NOT PAY ANYTHING to have his/her downlights changed.
    Please email ecoglobe@i4sbf.com to obtain the necessary forms to participate in the Residential Roll-out Programme
    Kindly contact me should you have any questions and/or queries

Prishal Kathard
    082 715 5017

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12