Thread: Defy Dishmaid Dishwasher

Suspended
    Thanks

Defy Dishmaid Dishwasher

Can any one please help me - I have a Defy dishmaid dishwasher - have had for a few years, but on and off it does not wash properly. The mugs at the top still have dirty water in it and are not washed properly. Serioulsy getting tiered of it and before just go out and buy a new one, I thought I would try here first ??

What I have done is ..... clean the rotating outlets, top and bottome - it seems food always gets stuck in the little holes - we have tried salt then advised not to use salt, I have cleaned the filter at the bottom inside the maching. It seems like either the water is not being filtered properly or not getting out ??? Does any one know if there is an external filter somewhere behind a panel or something.

Please can anyone help as we are running this machine sometimes 3 or 4 times to get the dishes clean ????

Ps ........ I wish I had just kept my old 20 year old dishwasher ........... it worked so much better.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I know what my mother would say...

"Do you have children?"

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Atkinson View Post
    I know what my mother would say...

"Do you have children?"

lol .................. yep ............................... but I still need it fixed.

Thanks
    Are the washer arms not being prevented from spinning by some item either sticking too far up or poking down through the mesh in the trays?
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wynn View Post
    Are the washer arms not being prevented from spinning by some item either sticking too far up or poking down through the mesh in the trays?
    No they are turning ok wynn ............ but thanks tho .................we have had them on and off almost every day cleaning them out .............. getting very frustrated here ............ its sad you buy a new product and it works worse than the old !!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Check your pump chances are it is not pushing trough enough water also make sure that your pipes are clean "funny as that my sound" I had problem with my Speedqueen and yes the piping was basically clogged up with fine white powder. I blame the poor water quality for that.

In your case it sounds like the pump, normally when cups are dirty it means the pump may not push the water at a high enough pressure to clean them. My friend had the same problem with his LG after just 2 years. That said it is good that you keep the holes and stuff clean most people don't.

If you think it may be filters check the manual and or try and find some info on Google or have a look at Defy. Here is a PDF Example for Defy Dishmaid probably not the same thing but it is just one example.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.