Thread: facebook

Suspended
    Thanks

facebook

i decided open a facebook acoount for my bussiness...$%^&* in 2 days i have like a thousand friends wanting me to link them as friends...wow easy tiger...i dont want ever tom dick and harry being a friend...if i take a person as a friend...does it allow access to everyone ontheir page to view contents?

Thanks
    You can set your privacy settings so as to allow friends of friends or deny them access,

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by murdock View Post
    i dont want ever tom dick and harry being a friend
    OK. Maybe I'm not seeing the bigger picture here. If you're trying to promote your business, why would you not want as much exposure as possible ?

ps .. what's the facebook page ?
    Watching the ships passing by.

Thanks
    Yeah, c'mon Murdoch, give us the link so I can send you a friend request.

Seriously there's loads of info on the security settings, you could start here and here

Suspended
    Thanks
    what seems to have happened is that people i have sent messages for what ever reason...all their friends have some how landed on my page wanting to become friends...is that normal?

i am a bit weary of facebook...hence the reason i have not yet registered until now.

i think before i invite anyone i will need to learn a little more about the security.

Thanks
    You will see that people "invite" you to be a friend whether you know them or not, but "facebook" also "suggests" the friends of your friends or people with corresponding details to yours.If they went to the same school you did facebook will "suggest" them even if they were there 20 years after you.

I do not blame you for being weary, my security preferences there are tight and I only go in once a month or two to see if there is anything interesting. Most people ramble on about trash.

The people I want to talk to regularly have Skype which works much better. Sharing files is instantaneous and if you want to you can speak to each other via webcam.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by daveob View Post
    OK. Maybe I'm not seeing the bigger picture here. If you're trying to promote your business, why would you not want as much exposure as possible ?

ps .. what's the facebook page ?
    i am not trying to promote my bussiness on facebook...i just want to use it as a platform to share...past projects...stuff i am busy with etc...i have a website...but it is too much of a mission to update it etc...so i am hoping that facebook will be a place a i can share my experinces...

i havent got around to loading anything yet ...still trying to figue out how it works...but will put a link to the page as soon as i have it working and have content loaded.

Email problem
    Thanks
    You really shoulnt have a facebook "profile" for a business, you should have a page that you create out of your own personal account. New people on you business page will like your page and will not become friend of your personal profile. Facebook have mentioned before that they may delete all these profiles of businesses as its basically a phantom person.

Its much better also, trust me if you have a business profile and a personal profile you wil haveto log in an dout between the two, logistical nightmare. Doing it the page route is much easier.

Also you keep you friends personal and clients can like your page and the more the merrier, they cant see your personal stuuf if you had made your privacy setting correctly, go have a look, i've been running mine so for the last 2 years and it works grest.

Thanks
    What Brunilda says is true, it is actually against Facebook Terms and Conditions to set up a profile not a page. Also it limits you as a profile cannot post ads on Facebook, should you ever want to.

Humen town,Dongguan city,Guangdong, China
    Thanks
    What a pity!Facebook is screened in China. we cannot use facebook .
    http://yihaolamp.com
    professional in indoor lamps manufacture