Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Future Communications Today

Thanks

Future Communications Today

Good day.

My name is Kobus Hughes and I recently joined this forum. I am very excited to be apart of a South African forum where I can talk about online marketing. I got here through google search to a post about network marketing. I am also in network marketing and I am heading up the South African leg of a global expansion of the fastest growing MLM on the internet today. No it is not a pyramid scheme as pyramid schemes do not have a product. We have 8 great products that will revolutionize the way marketing communications are done.

Should you feel the need to further inquire about network marketing please do ask your question here. Will be happy to answer them as best I can.

Just a thought as well....people write any mlm of as being a pyramid scheme but they dont realize that the only thing making a normal brick and mortar business not a pyramid scheme is the fact that they have a product. The structure is still the same. you have the boss, under him two or three managers, under them they have their teams....see where the structure is going.

Looking forward to interacting with you all.

Kobus

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Welcome to TFSA, Kobus

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Welcome to the forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KobusH View Post
    Just a thought as well....people write any mlm of as being a pyramid scheme but they dont realize that the only thing making a normal brick and mortar business not a pyramid scheme is the fact that they have a product. The structure is still the same. you have the boss, under him two or three managers, under them they have their teams....see where the structure is going.
    Welcome to the Forum Kobus. I am sure you will find it stimulating.

I can unfortunately not agree with you on the product issue. We still remember the milk culture saga. They also had a product. A lot of people made a lot of money, but there were more losers than winners.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Maybe I should clarify...lol...If the company is legit like the one I am in that is BBA rated and a member of DSA, and has a product then it is not a pyramid. I don't know about the milk culture saga you are talking about but I agree. Their are companies out there on the net with products that are not legit. It is because of companies like those that the legit ones have a much tougher time in reaching the top online. Pyramid schemes and how to spot one has been an issue for a long time but with proper research it is easy.

All i am saying is not to just shake a company that works online off as a pyramid scheme because of multi-level structures. It may just be that it is legit and on the brink of exploding worldwide and could have been a great freedom creating opportunity.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Can you tell us more KobusH...

Thanks
    Hallo Kevinb. What would you like to know more about? Just need some clarificationso that I don't ramble on and on and then it was not what you wanted to know more about.

Thanks
    KobusH vs Kubus

Am I merely imagining things here. Clearly recall Mr Nieuwoudt's "vrot melk" initiative.

Thanks
    Section 43 of the Consumer Protection Act specifically states:

Pyramid and related schemes
    43. (1) In this section—
    (a) ‘‘consideration’’ has the meaning set out in section 1, except that it does not include—
    (i) the purchase of any goods at cost to be used in making sales, or not for resale;
    (ii) the purchase of any goods in exchange for which the seller of those goods offers to repurchase the participant’s products under reasonable commercial terms; or
    (iii) the participant’s time and effort in pursuit of sales or recruiting activities; and
    (b) ‘‘participant’’ means a person who is admitted to a scheme for consideration.
    (2) A person must not directly or indirectly promote, or knowingly join, enter or participate in—
    (a) a multiplication scheme, as described in subsection (3);
    (b) a pyramid scheme, as described in subsection (4);
    (c) a chain letter scheme, as described in subsection (5); or
    (d) any other scheme declared by the Minister in terms of subsection (6),
    or cause any other person to do so.
    (3) A multiplication scheme exists when a person offers, promises or guarantees to any consumer, investor or participant an effective annual interest rate, as calculated in the prescribed manner, that is at least 20 per cent above the REPO Rate determined by the South African Reserve Bank as at the date of investment or commencement of participation, irrespective of whether the consumer, investor or participant becomes a member of the lending party.
    (4) An arrangement, agreement, practice or scheme is a pyramid scheme if—
    (a) participants in the scheme receive compensation derived primarily from their respective recruitment of other persons as participants, rather than from the sale of any goods or services; or
    (b) the emphasis in the promotion of the scheme indicates an arrangement or practice contemplated in paragraph (a).
    (5) An arrangement, agreement, practice or scheme is a chain letter scheme if—
    (a) it has various levels of participation;
    (b) existing participants canvass and recruit new participants; or
    (c) each successive newly recruited participant—
    (i) upon joining—
    (aa) is required to pay certain consideration, which is distributed to one, some or all of the previously existing participants, irrespective of
    whether the new participant receives any goods or services in exchange for that consideration; and
    (bb) is assigned to the lowest level of participation in the scheme; and
    (ii) upon recruiting further new participants, or upon those new participants recruiting further new participants, and so on in continual succession—
    (aa) may participate in the distribution of the consideration paid by any such new recruit; and
    (bb) moves to a higher level within the scheme, until being removed from the scheme after reaching the highest level.
    (6) The Minister, by regulation made in accordance with section 120, may declare any arrangement, agreement, practice or scheme to be a scheme contemplated in subsection (2)(d), if it is similar in purpose or effect to a scheme contemplated in that subsection.

10. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (24-Oct-11)

Thanks
    Thanks for sharing this section on the consumer act. So just to make sure I understand, you are saying that any company that sells something but give people the opportunity to make a living from through multi level or network marketing where they recruit others is a pyramid scheme and thus illegal?

I disagree. If that was the case then why are their so many out(like the company i am in) there that are recognised by the USA today, Fox news, Forbes and the BBA? Our consumer act forces people to call anything close network or multi-level marketing a pyramid and these companies are marked as illegal because our authorities do not make money from them.

Also, if the above section of the act was truly implemented then why do companies like herbalife and amway still operate in South Africa? They are multi-level marketing companies. You join, you get others to join, you make money? But wait a minute, there are products involved. You join, you get your product, you get others to join under you, you make money from there sales or subscription(residual income) but now it is legal. Doesnt make sense.

All I am saying is do not just slam a company, any company as a pyramid just because of their structure. I make money from my business I am in and it is a network marketing company or multy-level marketing company but they are legit. They are a member of the direct selling association, BBA rated, 4 year old company based in Florida that has been featured in USA Today, Fow News 13 and Forbes with products that are the future of online communications and marketing.

Oh and I really cant remember the milk thing. I don't live in the past but look to the future. My future is clear and full of success. I have been looking for an online opportunity for 2 years and have been scammed many times but found the one legit company and I am enjoying life. Maybe I misunderstood the section above from the consumer act and if i did then I am sorry.

Just remember, don't judge a book by its cover, might be the one that turns your life around.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast