Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: yotube videos downloading

Suspended
    Thanks

yotube videos downloading

i got tired of sitting waiting for videos to buffer and down load...so i decided to download a few programs to assist...so that i could watch the videos in my own time and i could just open them and watch them more than once.

would this be a wise solution and are the programs the best and safest...please advise.

i downloaded an addon in fire fox and called video download helper...but htat didnt help because i didnt have an mp4 or flv player so i downloaded final media player.

any suggestion...is this a good choice or are there better safer options?

i had power dvd...which worked but then required an activation key

after downloading these programs...i noticed a whole lot of new icons on my desktop...which need to be cleaned off...i also noticed a program running called registery helper (safe app software,llc and it indicated that i had numerous invalid entries in my registery which needed to be deleted....eeeeish thats when i started getting concerned...is this program a threat to my pc...i will run a full windows essential scan again just to see what happens

Thanks
    Murdock
    Try malware that seems to remove most goggas
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Suspended
    Thanks
    i decided to downloaded superantivirus to my laptop and am busy running a scan...60 % of the adware so far has google chrome in the line...1 standard bank which is really my biggest concern even though it is only one...it has my name and standard bank in the same line...just reached 105 potential threats and now 80 % google chrome

so the next question is...do you use google chrome or fire fox?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by murdock View Post
    would this be a wise solution and are the programs the best and safest...please advise.
    Whatever you do, don't search Google for "download Youtube videos" because you're looking for trouble. I use a program called Orbit Downloader which has worked well for me thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by murdock View Post
    so the next question is...do you use google chrome or fire fox?
    I use Firefox which I don't usually have problems with. Chrome is pretty solid but is more resource-intensive than Firefox.

Email problem
    Thanks
    There is nothing wrong with chrome, I was at a online business where almost everyone used chrome (one guy uses firefox and an intern used internet explorer), just delete your cookies, that could be the problem. If you want to be able to watch you downloaded videos get VLC media player, that plays everything (including streamed radio)
    Use you anti virus to delete those threats, and go to you control panel to remove any unwanted programs.

Thanks
    Realplayer standard has a built-in downloader. you just wait for the video to start playing, hover over the video window and a little download button comes up which you can click. depending on your browser choice, you may also be lucky and be able to watch the video till the end and THEN download it. Unlike myself, who has one computer that allows me to do that and the other which will download everything again after you've already fully buffered the file.
    Hope that helps.

Suspended
    Thanks
    i have downloaded a program which downloads the videos...download helper...as soon as the yotube videa starts you right click on the rolling balloons ans save...then move away so that it dosent carry on loading...instead it downloads...i then got a program....fianl media player...which pretty much plays anything...only problem the video are downloaded in mp 4...the problem when you watch itin the small screen it looks fine but when you expand it to full screen kak rolling...shaky pic.

Thanks
    That's because when you use the default download of download helper it usually gets the lowest quality MP4. If you change the quality in the youtube player (on the web-page) the download helper usually shows a selection of various qualities (at least if the original had higher qualities to begin with).

Usually the MP4 would be some arb "Medium" quality. While if you select a different quality in youtube (say 480p) then you find that Download Helper has the various 240p, 360p, 480p, etc. available as FLV (Flash Video) files.

And if you (like me) hate to have several different video/media players due to these different file types (I keep having to stop stuff like QuickTime, Flash, RealPlayer, etc.) then I prefer using Media Player Classic (Home Cinema) - I've yet to find any format it cannot play (http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/about-homepage.html)
    Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves. - Norm Franz
    And central banks are the slave clearing houses

Thanks
    and I use VLC. google video lan player. It plays broken files.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twinscythe12332 View Post
    and I use VLC. google video lan player. It plays broken files.
    listen to this man, he knows what hes talking about.

just uninstall everything u downloaded for the Youtube videos and just download n install RealPlayer n VLC player.
    finish n klaar.

the real player is for downloading n the VLC player will play anything- i only use that for all my audio/video playing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast