Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: yotube videos downloading

Suspended
    Thanks
    thanks for the info...

i found power dvd 8 on my pc and tried it...the best so far...will also try VLC

Thanks
    The best program for any download is internet download manager. It is not free, but worth it.I have yet to see a better program. You can try the trial. Go to http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/download.html

You just hover over a link and it asks you if it must download. Great speed. You'll like it.

Thanks
    Yip, VLC will play more than most formats.
    To get rid of unwanted programs I use Revo Uninstaller. You can determine the grade of uninstal as per your requirements. After uninstall it will scan your pc for any "goggas" It will give you the list of them and you can decide if there are any "shared" items you want to keep or delete the lot. Cleans your registry up nicely.
    IDM is a good downloader if you download a lot of big files. If you just download from YOUtube then the YOUtube download helper is fine.

Thanks
    download keepvid that is what n use

Thanks
    both keepvid n IDM seem to be trail versions
    ie they expire and are useless unless you pay for a key/code.

if thats the case, then i dont know if its worth it- as real Player is free
    the only disadvantage of Real Player is that it cant pause downloads-ive tried IDM & it pauses and continues whenever u want it to-very useful feature.

can you people confirm that bit-about these programs being trial versions and that we have to pay when it expires?
    also, does anyone know if theres any FREE programs which can pause streaming video files & then continue when needed?

Thanks
    There are literally hundreds of download managers you could try. The one I'm using is FDM (Free Download Manager), I can't see that IDM's "extra" features (which I can't see any differences except for the YouTube "grabber") is worth the $25.

AFAICT using FDM with DownloadHelper gives you all the features of IDM and then some, e.g the choice of FLV download / Video Convert on the fly in FDM. And they're both "free".
    Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves. - Norm Franz
    And central banks are the slave clearing houses

Thanks
    If you have still not come right you can look at Moyea. It will scan all the pages you visit and if it finds a .flv it will let you know. You can then decide if you want to download. The best is to keep it inactive because nowadays there are .flv adverts on nearly all pages. When you want to use it you just click on it and it will search the page and ask what you want to keep.

8. Thanks given for this post:

msmoorad (18-Oct-11)

Thanks
    thanks Sparks- quite useful info you posted.

Thanks
    I re-read your post earlier msmoorad, just one thing there. IDM can only resume a download if the host site allows it. I have full IDM but if the host does not allow it I cannot pause my download and resume later. I also have megaupload downloader but that only works to download from mega sites. I can however pause any download from their sites and resume when it suites me, even a week or month later.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12