Poll: What should government do to boost entrepreneurship in South Africa?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boosting entrepreneurship in SA - What should government do?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IanF View Post
    Then we need a BUY SOUTH AFRICA campaign that everyone will believe in.
    This is an issue I feel passionately about as well! Last year (2nd year of my business), I looked at getting the "proudly South African" stamp... Do you know how much that costs?!?! How can any new & small business afford it?

There should be a government drive behind putting new SA small businesses on the map. I haven't given it enough thought to have a clear picture in my mind of what we need, but I imagine it would start with some kind of organisation/body that new businesses can belong to. The purpose of this organisation is SUPPORT. This support would include mentorship where needed (one-on-one or in the form of seminars) and helping to promote new businesses (perhaps in the form of expo's - expenses can be covered by entrance fees / sponsors). Membership and interaction with other entrepreneurs will also eliminate that feeling of isolation, as it will provide a network, where ideas/concerns/questions can be shared (that's one of the main reasons I joined this forum).

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mother View Post
    This is an issue I feel passionately about as well! Last year (2nd year of my business), I looked at getting the "proudly South African" stamp... Do you know how much that costs?!?! How can any new & small business afford it?
    Mother, we seem to be good at creating unnecessary bureaucracy in SA, (I can't believe the industry behind BEE certificates) Maybe we should draw attention to the SA value add in our products and services. The check and balance will be when someone calls us on this.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12