firstly this is how i have been doing it since year dot.

if my rate if R100...you call me on my cel and say you want work done...no problem i do the job...i invoice you R100 plus vat if vat registered.

here the question...if you work on a weekend saturday and sunday...what rate do you charge?

my rate during the week R100 (just using this figue as an example)
so if you want me to work on the weekend...i charge R150 per hour for saturday and R200 per hour for sunday.

but this is the issue i have been confronted with by one of my customers...

my company hourly rate or day rate is made up of the following

labour cost R50 per hour as a trademan
R20 for pension
R10 medical aid
other fees and over heads which come to my hourly rate.

but now the customer is saying that i dont pay double for my vehicle on sunday nor do i pay double for my pension or my medical aid etc so why do i charge him double my rate...
i should only be charging him double the per hour rate so on sunday it should be
R50 x 2 = R100 for sunday because all the other costs are included in the week day rate...mmmm got me thinking...but what about the hectic tax on overtime rates.

do i want to work for R100 per hour on a sunday rather than enjoying a day on the beach with my family...you know what i told the customer...make it worth my while or enjoy your weekend...see you next week.

what do you as a company charge your customers the trademan per hour rate or double your normal company rate.