Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: positive or negative

Suspended
    Thanks

positive or negative

i decided to read my posts on various websites...and come to realise that there is only about 10 % positive input and 90% negative input...time for change...

its not the goverments fault...

its not my wifes or my kids fault...

its not my companies fault...

its the way i feel in the morning when i wake up...and i get tooo involved in negative communications with other people...i am not saying it the people who bring up negative subjects...its my fault for starting topics and for standing around...getting involved in topic which involve whining about all the bad things...

TIME FOR CHANGE...i put my daughter in her car seat this morning and realised thet we are not connected even though i spend so much time together...i opend the fridge door this morning and realised i need to be careful because she has grown so quickly that the firdge door will bang her on the head if i am not careful...looked at some pictures of her just before and after she went to hospital...and realised that 3 years have already gone by...before i know it she will be 21 and 19 like my other 2...time flies

i also realised that if i can achieve what i do with my current mind set...just imagine what i could achieve with a positive mind set...

HELP...dave if you read anything i post which in anyway sounds negative...i give you permission to delete the thread...or comment.

any ideas of ways to turn into an optimist rather than a pesimist are welcome...i spoke to a lady a while back and she mentioned that because of my posictive attitude many years ago i helped her realised that she needed change in her life...even though i was going thru such difficult times...divorce...car repo...loss of a friend to cancer...etc etc i was still so positive...so there is hope for me i just need to find my way forward.

some ideas on ways to setup and achieve goals...

weight loss and healthy eating ideas...

i dont mean the recipe...i mean ways to program your mind to focus and stay focused.

Thanks
    am going to miss the old murdock - enjoyed the 'alternate view' threads and posts - RIP.

For your new path, this quote comes to mind :

grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    the courage to change the things I can, and
    the wisdom to know the difference.

or as a friend once put it : Don't sweat the small stuff.
    Watching the ships passing by.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Another way of thinking, using a metaphor, plough around the old oak tree stump, as opposed to trying to remove the tree stump and not planting your seed.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    You have air to breath, food to eat, a bed to sleep on, water to drink. Everything you need to be happy and positive

Seriously, when I find myself getting negative, I just notice everything that is right this instant directly around me. As long as I can wake up in the morning, have a cup of coffee, enjoy some sunshine, I couldn't give two hoots about the one-who-wants-to-kill-the-boer.
    Sometimes the only transport available is a leap of faith

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Newretailer View Post
    You have air to breath, food to eat, a bed to sleep on, water to drink. Everything you need to be happy and positive

Seriously, when I find myself getting negative, I just notice everything that is right this instant directly around me. As long as I can wake up in the morning, have a cup of coffee, enjoy some sunshine, I couldn't give two hoots about the one-who-wants-to-kill-the-boer.
    Is you positive attitude down to your mental state or is it chemical/hormonal? If it's a mental state then everyone should be able to achieve it but if it's chemical/hormonal then maybe you're just lucky to be of that particular make up.

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    I doubt that it is chemical/hormonal, especially judged by the rest of my family members. It is really just an awareness of what one needs to make you happy (very little) and having certain insights as you go along.

Years ago when I first thought of going into business, I mentally went through all the things in my mind that could go wrong and whether I would be able to survive it. Could I survive losing my business? Yes. Could I survive losing my car? Yes. Could I survive losing my house? Yes. I finally ended up with could I survive being homeless and I must admit, the prospect was quite a good one! No bills to pay, no SARS, no banks, etc. etc. It was a very freeing little exercise.

I don't think I am special in any way with my attitude. It is just a matter of realising that whether you sit on the pavement or on a fancy chair, you are still sitting.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Hey murdock,

Good for you man, I always say and always believe that anyone can do anything if they put their mind to it!

As difficult as it is to keep a positive body and mind especially when one is in or has just came out of a difficult path, you will most importantly need to stay determined and focused on achieving your new goal...

Find a reason for your new goal (which I think from your post you already have) and keep that in mind when the path becomes rocky...

Hope this helps, all the best

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Murdock, that is fabulous news! This is going to be exciting!

And on this topic of a positive attitude, I really want to share some advice: Start each day with a banana or two. And no, I'm not trying to be sarcastic (given your choice of avatar), it's scientifically sound advice. Bananas are rich in tryptophan, and amino acid which your body uses to make serotonin. And so, you become happier, for no apparent reason, which obviously generates a positive attitude in itself. You can even add nuts and avocado, but psychologists agree that bananas are the number 1 happy-food, and even suggest bananas (along with the usual drugs) to people suffering from depression. It also helps you sleep better.

Suspended
    Thanks
    thanks for the encouragement and all the tips...i agree the fact that it is all in the mind...one of the reasons i metioned that i am not looking for a diet or list of good foods...but ways to motivate my mind to make the changes...i have have given up smoking 3 times and havent touch one for over 10 years...so where there is will (there is always a relative) there is always a way...3 years ago i set my mind to loose weight within a month had lost 10 kg and a further 3 months i had lost almost another 10kg...i didnt reach my goal of 24 kg ( so i didnt get to go sky diving) but i do believe this time round i will reach my target weight of 96 kg...

i do believe that as i loose weight and eat healthy again so my mind move into a positive mode...

first obsticle...time there is never time to do anything.

solution i get up 45 minutes earlier every day to make lunch for both my wife and i....all the salads and fruit picked out the garden in the morning...including...lettuce tomatoes...strawberries and paw paw...

next step....get up and half an hour earlier to start walking again...will start off with a 2- 5 km walk then as i spped up will increase the pace and try get back to an 8 km walk in the mornings.

this will stil lgive me enough time to dress my daughter for school...pack her bag and load her into her car seat and wave goodbye....

and spend a hour surfing the net...while i have my breakfast...

by 7 am i have showered dressed and i am ready for work...one of the perks of working from home.

i have decidede to link a small pump to my tanks so that the water from the gutters will supply an irrigation system to the veggie garden and toilets...i heard you can get a solar pump to achieve this...without wasting electricity.

by the way work has picked up beyond my control...i am working flat out to try keep up with the work load...so its all good and only gona get better

finances

i need to figue out a way to stop speeding money...this is one this i have not been able to achieve to date...a way to say no when i see something i want.

basically manage my finaces properly...when i make lots of money i spend lots of money because of the way i think...the more i spend the less i pay tax...dont tell i know dumb ass way of thinking...but true...so another goal to try achieve...stop wasting money on things i dont really need...my father in law once said to me many years ago...if you have a tax problem...it means you making good money..."pay your taxes"...its easier than getting into debt to try ease it...i have always remebered it but never put it to practise...he has become a very weathly man...and like he said to me one day...i only make a 5 % "profit" but of 5 million rand a month thats not bad...dont be greedy rather pateint....i use to buy a new car on hp every 3 -5 years...he drove the same car for 10 years and paid cash for it....but any way i am rambling time to go to work.

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    It sounds like you are off to a wonderful start. I admire your honesty and courage. Most people will deny that they have a negative attitude

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast