i received my metro bill today...and i have good news for a change...the life style change paid off...my first account since the power was reconnected...

my bill total R1300 inc vat for...rates...electricity...water and sewage (nil)water loss insurance...refuse removal...and vat...including the R50 per month rates increase this month....now i just have to apply for my prepaid meter and i can get my R3000 deposit back

my reconnection fee was R324...so i called them to find out why so high i had not reconnected myself...it was increased from R124 to R324 in july this year...i wonderr if the contractors who actually do the disconnect and reconnect have also had and increase from R12 which is all they get paid.

i have decided to leave the solar lighting in place and i have fitted a timer to my geyser...the wate ris also switched back on but i requested they leave the 300 litre per day restrictor in place.

i found an article about heat pumps and noted that the time it heats up the water is a lot quicker than solar and even though it uses electricity it comsumes a fraction of the cost...my only concern is the initial outlay...