Thread: metro bill

Suspended
    Thanks

metro bill

i received my metro bill today...and i have good news for a change...the life style change paid off...my first account since the power was reconnected...

my bill total R1300 inc vat for...rates...electricity...water and sewage (nil)water loss insurance...refuse removal...and vat...including the R50 per month rates increase this month....now i just have to apply for my prepaid meter and i can get my R3000 deposit back

my reconnection fee was R324...so i called them to find out why so high i had not reconnected myself...it was increased from R124 to R324 in july this year...i wonderr if the contractors who actually do the disconnect and reconnect have also had and increase from R12 which is all they get paid.

i have decided to leave the solar lighting in place and i have fitted a timer to my geyser...the wate ris also switched back on but i requested they leave the 300 litre per day restrictor in place.

i found an article about heat pumps and noted that the time it heats up the water is a lot quicker than solar and even though it uses electricity it comsumes a fraction of the cost...my only concern is the initial outlay...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Watt for watt, the heat pump trumps all other systems. What gets me is that they could use the cold coming off the evaporator back into your house and cool the place down just like an aircon, and you would get even more for your buck.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Suspended
    Thanks
    i queried about that...if they could do that i wouldnt have even thought twice about it...i would have removed all my aircons and installed heat pumps.

the unions are complaining about labour brokers...what about the metros...how they are exploiting labour...by contracting all their work out...charging us the consumers ridiculous rates in compararison to they pay the contractors...

another example...a contractor charges less than R12 per metres to trench for a cable the metro charges us the consumer more than R80 per metre...something wrong with that picture...i am sure someone will tell us that the metro has huge overheads...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The only huge heads I know there are based on ego's
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The problem is paying for this overhead.

Thanks
    EL rate payers are starting to organise a 'rates boycot' will keep the forum posted.
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Suspended
    Thanks
    good news people...my utility bill for this month has just arrived...less than R1000 this month...all inclusive.

rates
    electricity
    refuse removal
    water
    sewage
    levies

the lot i can live with that.

only problem i have is when we have social events at home...i have to warn people that the water might run out...but this is only until i get my solar pumps installed which will connect 2 x 2000 lt tanks to the toilets for for just in case.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by murdock View Post
    i found an article about heat pumps and noted that the time it heats up the water is a lot quicker than solar and even though it uses electricity it comsumes a fraction of the cost...my only concern is the initial outlay...
    Hi Murdoch, is this article online?

Suspended
    Thanks
    no i saw the article at voltex