Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: roadworthy vehicles

Suspended
    Thanks

roadworthy vehicles

this is fact by the way it happened last night

a youngster get stopped in a road block at 9 pm in the evening by a metro police officer for a routine vehicle inspection...the youngster takes pride in his vehicle it is clean and has a few small mods to make it look sweet...

inspection goes as follows

sterring wheel 30 cm but none standard...strike 1
    pedals have been changed for mod ones to look sweet...strike 2
    leds lights around the headlights...strike 3

license disc is removed from the vehicle and told to carry on home without a license disc on the vehicle and must have the vehicle put through COR to get his license disc back...

okay...my question if they took away his license disc... how could they let him drive away from the road block...eeeish...what happened if he had an accident on the way home...i can tell you from experince he would have no claim against insurance...and would automatically be held liable for all repairs to my vehicle even if i was i n the wrong...what would have happened if he got caught in a road block?

but what concerns me even more is there are 12 people in a taxi going home...he has 4 smooth tyres...gets a fine and off he goes...

am i missing something from this picture???

Email problem
    Thanks
    Welcome to South Africa.

Suspended
    Thanks
    just to let you know it was a 1300 with no engine mods to improve performance...no lowered suspension...no tinted windows...no big exhaust and the list goes on... everything else on the vehicle passed...except those 3 items....how are all these taxis... driving around with passangers...high perfomance vehicles doing drag racing every thursaday night with "all the mods" with a license discs if thats all it takes to have your license disc removed?

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    I am not saying that they should not be checking vehicles properly at road blocks, but inst the point of a roadblock to find plain tyres, lights not working, expired license disks, no drivers licenses, drunk drivers, etc... not the colour of your car?

Suspended
    Thanks
    i spoke to my son today about his car because he has a mod con car...with all the bells and whistles...apparently he gets stopped all the time...but he got smart after the first time...he took his car to a cor testing ground to have it checked and while there made a point of checking what the actual law states...wrote everything down maxed out to the limits on all the regulations but within the law...found out which vehicles come out standard with things like dropped suspension etc made a note of it and instead of having bright coloured springs which shout mod. he sprayed everything the colour of the standard vehicle and took off the air filter and things that make it look like it has been modified...made sure is is within the limit of the size rims..ie 15' + 2 etc...

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    I know there are alot rules even with the darkness of wondow.tint etc...

The thing is how well are these laws published so that normal people know about them and the next thing is how well are officers trained in appling the laws consistently...

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Man i hate typing from my phone wondow.tint lol

Suspended
    Thanks
    something else the youngster told me...

you are no longer allowed to register a vehicle which have been 2 litre motor if the vehicle is designed to a 1300 or 1600...

if you are caught with a modified vehicle for racing on the road they can load it and have it squashed...this be get interesting...imagine if they did this to all the illegal busses and taxis...which i dont know if anyone has noticed recently seem to be killing more people than youngsters modified velhicles...what about a 1000 cc super bike clocking well over 300 km/hr at present...M3 -5 etc also reaching speeds in excess of 265 km/hr before the rev limitor kicks in...shame it must be so frustrating for them when i show them the thumbs up wave goodbye and roll the throttle open...they gona start squashing all the bikes...fitted with chips...modified exhaust pipes...raised foot pegs.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Dont be mean now murdock, if you had to open the throttle and wave to them as you pass by with a big they will probably try and catch you and we know how good drivers they are... probably just add to tax payers wasted money

Suspended
    Thanks
    i wont go into detail on a public forum...all i am gona say is i have heard a story were a person didnt even know they were being chased until he was sitting under a bridge taking a smoke break waiting for the beer truck...he heard this white vehicle coming flying past me turbos whistling...and they only realised it was him sitting under the bridge about 300 metres past...boy i heard the fun started...they never managed to catch this person...i have heard it happened more than once...with some sport had by all....apparently the adrenaline rush when being chased is way better than the speed travelled

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast