Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the most important in an ad?

Thanks
    To defend entoserv here, it is really all about what the customer needs (wants). If all those features are unimportant to the customer, then an extra R4k is not worth it.

If portability is an issue, then a large screen and full size keyboard may in fact be negatives.
    [SIGPIC]Engineer Simplicity[/SIGPIC]
    Turn ideas into products | The Art of Engineering blog

Email problem RKS Computer Solutions's Avatar
    Thanks
    I wasn't attacking entoserv, if it was taken that way I apologize.

The Toshiba is a business notebook, pure and simple performance enabled technology that will make your business life a breeze... At only 3.2kg portability is the least of your worries...

I suggest every single person who reads this thread goes to a shop that stock these, check the prices and check out the notebook for yourself... If technology would allow me I'd be the first to beam the feeling you get when looking at at working on this notebook to each and every one...

If anyone is in pretoria and would like to check out the notebook, I can organize with a client there to give you a viewing if you can't find it anywhere else....

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm actually pleased this came up in a marketing thread. Because let's be honest for a mo' this is about interpretation of the advert.

Two pieces of information clearly stuck - the product and the price. And there's a lesson in that. Because clearly there is a need to differentiate the advertised product from the budget specials.

Now having read Riaan's post - and especially this part:
    The screen is so clear and when Toshiba says TrueBrite, they mean it... It's like watching a High-def DVD on an expensive plasma. It's also one of the few notebooks which you would be able to sit a complete 10hour day in front of and not have your eyes pulled skew at the end of the night... Full blown keyboard is great in that everything is there, as if working on a normal desktop (Think of Accountants) and this plays a big roll for gaming after work... Extra Bluetooth makes it possible to connect your phone/pda/etc without wires and worrying about loose connections after 6 months of plugging in and out... With Toshiba's silent DVD control you never hear the DVD, so using the notebook as a Multimedia Center becomes a natural occurrence. The sound on this notebook is amazing, if you've ever spent time in Centurion's Audio Shops (High class where you sit in a huge room and they carry speakers in and out and quote you 60k for a new system) you'd expect this baby to be born and bred in those halls... In regards to the warranty, the extra year is great, especially because you're paying a bit more and have that peace of mind knowing that this great machine will be there for you no matter what.
    Now that is persuasive and I'm seriously moved to consider paying more for what is clearly a better machine.

The big question is - How would one change the advert to convey this critical message that really makes a difference on the purchasing decision? Is it even possible?

Email problem RKS Computer Solutions's Avatar
    Thanks
    Dave,

Interpretation of the advert is extremely important! The advert is the first of many, but here's the reason why I chose the P100-425 specifically for the first advert...

It's a business notebook and what most companies looking for notebooks right now is looking for... How can I say that? Welcome Google Analytics...

When I look at my crazely SEO'd shops stats, I can see traffic flowing it via Search Engines for the terms Toshiba and specifically the P100-425... Those traffic coming in for the terms related to this notebook come mostly from Johannesburg, Pretoria and Capetown. More specifically, the traffic coming is comes from corporate internet access points, ie. Companies doing searches and market research on the notebook.

So what better advert to place on a business forum than something that companies are actively searching for?

Logic rulez I reckon

About your question.... Converting or creating an advert to convey the passion a user/company has for a product, is a great art and not one that is easily obtainable in the online market without the use of video...

One offline example I can think of is the Nashua (I think) advert where the guy sneaks around to the copier, and gives it a hug when no one is looking... But again that is done with video...

I can clearly see the video commercial for this notebook, but let's hear what everyone else thinks can be done to convey the passionate message...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12