Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the most important in an ad?

Thanks

What is the most important in an ad?

What do you think? The headline or the body? Also, if you have something that really worked for you or something that you really liked, please give an example.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    How about your telephone number

This could turn into a big thread - there's libraries full of books on the subject. Great question.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Visual stimulation that grabs the attention to read past the glanced look.
    Informative information that educates the person and makes them feel like they learnt something.
    Product that they think is superior to others that they have heard about.

Find a balance in that and you will have a winner :P
    Wellinformed.co.za - Networking Forums SA partner site. Let's support each other for a better South Africa.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Very little text! People don't want to read a huge amount. Preferably let the picture get your message across.
    Regards

Debbie
    debbie@stafftraining.co.za

From reception to management training, assertiveness, accountability or interviewing skills, we have a wide range of training workshops available for you!
    www.stafftraining.co.za

Find us on
    Facebook

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    How about your telephone number

This could turn into a big thread - there's libraries full of books on the subject. Great question.
    seems like very few people either, a) don't read this thread, or b) don't know what to say...

It needs to stand out, and grab the audience's attention. A lot of text is a no-no. But a lot of explanatory pictures helps a lot

Thanks
    Are we talking banner advertising in an online environment? Well I wrote an article about it a while ago which was published on web-design.co.za.

A short list would include the following.
    • Branding of your business
    • Human element
    • Targeted catch phrase that is short and attractive
    • Use of eye catching colors
    • Use of rich media
    • Use in conjunction with a promotion for example "Get a free T-shirt"

Email problem RKS Computer Solutions's Avatar
    Thanks
    Anyone want to comment on the ad that's now running on the index?

Thanks
    I think it works quite well. I definitely noticed it. But I think R10000.00 is a bit much for a laptop. Makro has one for R6000.00 that looks like it will work for me. What makes your laptop special?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Ouch! I expect there is a substantial difference between the two machines, but the comment is valid.

I had to chew over it a bit to figure out what the problem might be. And I think this comes down to the difference between features and benefits.

All the technical specs don't mean much to many people - but point out the fact that you can watch a high resolution DVD without the movie getting all jerky or pixelated - or you can edit your own home videos without running out of memory - or you can spill coffee over it and it cleans with a single wipe without going into meltdown - all whilst Nortons and Microsoft are updating at the same time - which means you might be able to keep it for 3 years instead of 1 .... And suddenly paying more for a better machine starts making sense.

Email problem RKS Computer Solutions's Avatar
    Thanks
    entoserv: ever heard the following saying? "Penny Wise and Pound Foolish"...

Let me indulge you with that major differences:

Fujitsu: //Toshiba:

Hard Drives: 160GB // 120GB
    DVD Multi Layer (8.5GB) // Super Multi (8.5GB + DVDRAM)
    Monitor: 15.1" // 17"
    Keyboard: Notebook QWERTY // Full QWERTY with keypad
    Connectivity: 802.1b/g // 802.1a/b/g + Bluetooth
    Sound: "high quality" // Harmon Kardon Speakers
    Software: Vista Home Basic // Vista Home Premium
    Warranty: 1 year SA // 2 year international

A few things:

A Super Multi DVD writer allows you to use double layer DVD's as a portable disc, as if it was an extra HDD...
    17" vs 15" in a business laptop makes a huge difference in desktop realty space..
    Having a full keyboard available, means less wires and less struggling.
    Extra WiFi options and Bluetooth option allows for major enhancements without the struggle.
    If your Fujitsu breaks on an overseas trip, what are you going to do?

We all have our opinions and this is mine: Having worked with Toshiba for so long I wouldn't dream of touching Fujitsu... The screen is so clear and when Toshiba says TrueBrite, they mean it... It's like watching a High-def DVD on an expensive plasma. It's also one of the few notebooks which you would be able to sit a complete 10hour day in front of and not have your eyes pulled skew at the end of the night... Full blown keyboard is great in that everything is there, as if working on a normal desktop (Think of Accountants) and this plays a big roll for gaming after work... Extra Bluetooth makes it possible to connect your phone/pda/etc without wires and worrying about loose connections after 6 months of plugging in and out... With Toshiba's silent DVD control you never hear the DVD, so using the notebook as a Multimedia Center becomes a natural occurrence. The sound on this notebook is amazing, if you've ever spent time in Centurion's Audio Shops (High class where you sit in a huge room and they carry speakers in and out and quote you 60k for a new system) you'd expect this baby to be born and bred in those halls... In regards to the warranty, the extra year is great, especially because you're paying a bit more and have that peace of mind knowing that this great machine will be there for you no matter what.

Another thing I'd like to point out is that I had the pleasure of selling a few of these to one company (Accountants) who are big Toshiba fans anyway... The response I got back from them was mind blowing, not only for build quality but features and extras only given by Toshiba...

You asked what makes the Toshiba Satellite P100-425 better than the Fujitsu, there you have it...

For Reference:

Toshiba: http://za.computers.toshiba-europe.c...CT_ID%3D125209

Fujitsu: http://www.fujitsu-siemens.com/home/...o_li_1718.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast