Thread: Terms and Conditions, Privacy Policy etc for websites

Thanks

Terms and Conditions, Privacy Policy etc for websites

Hi there

I was wondering if anyone could let me know how the new consumer act effects the terms and conditions, terms of use and privacy policy for websites?

I am also in need of a company that can assist me to set these up for my new small business selling things online. Is there any advice please?

Thanks a stack!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ingebean View Post
    I was wondering if anyone could let me know how the new consumer act effects the terms and conditions, terms of use and privacy policy for websites?
    I would say that the CPA wouldn't affect these documents too much. The only potential issues I can see would relate to what you do with viewers' personal information and the associated clauses in your documents. As long as your documents aren't ridiculous and are respectful of your viewers' personal information, I'd go so far as to say that you probably won't run into much trouble.

Your best option would be to buy an hour of a lawyer's time to go through your documents and amend them.

Quote Originally Posted by ingebean View Post
    I am also in need of a company that can assist me to set these up for my new small business selling things online.
    If you need help with setting up your website, we can definitely help! PM me if you'd like to chat more about it.

3. Thanks given for this post:

ingebean (13-Sep-11)

Thanks
    Hi there

Thanks, that is a great idea.. I'll have a look into that!

I am fine with setting up the website, thanks! I'm a web designer It's just all the legal stuff that I need help with and finding a company that does this sort of thing is quite tricky!

Email problem
    Thanks
    Hi.
    One of the things it will affect is collecting data/information about your customers. They need to be made aware of what information it is that you collect from them and they need the option not to give you such information. You provide details of why you need such information from your customers to your customers.
    Secondly you may not use the emails of your customers without their permission. In other words they need to "Opt In' to receive emails from you which needs to be a clearly outlined option when they are filling out any forms and at the same time "Opting Out" needs to be made easy for them to do.

If you need consulting in this area Edward Nathans Sonnenbergs (ENS) is a law firm that deals with Business/Advertising/CPA stuff. Just check their site.

6. Thanks given for this post:

ingebean (13-Sep-11)

Thanks
    Hi there

Thanks so much for the information, I will certainly have a look at them!

Many thanks!

Thanks
    Hi there,

Perhaps go have a look at other companies website's. I am not saying infringe their copyright, but it may give you some pointers. Either way, I would suggest consulting with a lawyer to just look at it for you.

Regards,
    Mr Smit

9. Thanks given for this post:

ingebean (24-Oct-11)