I have to let everyone know how terrible after service is from Merc.

My father has a 220 CDI merc that is out of maintenance plan. He purchased this vehicle brand new from merc and he still takes it to merc for a service and pays like R10 000 a pop.

Last week Wednesday he took it for a service and they did some work on the Diesel system seals. On Friday on our way to visit my sisters new born baby girl we broke down on the N1 @ 19h00. On opening the bonnet no surprise the engine covers are loose and diesel is all over the place.

After a battle we got hold of the McCarthy hotline and explained our problem, they then got a technician to call us from the dealership that we serviced the car at.

He calls us asks what the problem is and says he will get back to us. When he eventually calls he laughs and says that the car is not on maintenance plan so he cannot come out. After re explaining that this is definitely a result of the service he says that if he comes out he will have to charge +-R1000. So my father says fine do you have a credit card machine for payment. No I don't, you have to have cash or I cannot come out. R1000 cash? sitting on the N1 - I definitely didn't see any ATMs on the highway.

Eventually they did not come out. So I used my AA membership to get the car towed home - Lucky for that. Only got to my sisters place at 22h00 that night.

Saturday& Sunday - Dealership service department closed!

Today - Monday technician who worked on the car comes home to have a look.

Oooops, The main diesel line into the engine was not connected back properly and came off!!!!!!

So much for taking care of your loyal customers Mercedes-Benz!