my daughters mut gets sick...

so the mut is rushed off to the emergency vet...but heres where the fun starts

firstly we are told to pay R1000..now 10 years ago i would have told the vet to put the animal to sleep or taken it home shot it in th head and buried it in the garden( just not let the kid see you doing it)...this is why i said i am becoming a real softy.

we are told that the she might have had a stroke...okay

they run a whole lot of tests...then we are told that it must have been poisoned...okay so they gave it tablets for poison...and had to stay over night.

we pick up the mut in the morning...and take it to our regualar vet...who then has a look at the mut takes x-rays and tells us that it has something in its stomach and he neads to operate asap...another R4000 plus medication and a couple nights at the vet...no problem...do what you have to do...so they cut and look....ooops there is nothing the stomach...so in total it has cost five and half grand and the mut is recovering well.

which brings me to my next question...how much money is wasted incorrect diagnostics...thosands...hundreds of thousands...millions...billions...is anyone counting...i suppose not.

if i take into consideration my daughters little ooops they made....i have personally blown almost R100 000 in incorrect diagnostics to date....and been sued for it because i refused to pay the quack because not only did he almost kill my daughter but i have no claim against him and i am suposse to be gratefull that he TRIED...one month in ICU to be told that she would die in a couple of days and i should prepare myself...after being advised by the sister to get a second opinion...changed doctors and she was out of ICU in 3 days once the new doctor took over...now this little ooops only R5500 so far but it the principal...whats wrong with this picture...am i out of line here and should we just be grateful..when they make mistakes and aprieciate the fact that they are taking the time to look your kid or mut