Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which tablet to get ??

Suspended
    Thanks

Which tablet to get ??

I would like to buy a tablet and am looking at the HTC Flyer. Can anyone give me some feedback. The reason I like this tablet is because it is smaller than the ipad, it comes 32gig and can take a sd card in the back as well as a data internet card. One of the things I also like about it is that you can write on it with a stylus pen, take a photograph and then even point to something on the photo and either send the doc or save it. To me the ipad is bigger but has its limitations with no usb or sd card holder for downloading info into it - apparantly you can download pics etc but have to go thro itunes . Not sure if I want to hassle about that. I do realize that ipad is a great little toy, but prefer the HTC ?? Any opinions out there please.

Suspended
    Thanks
    just becareful you dont drop it...my wife just found out how easy they break..it slipped out her hand and onto the desk...screen broken...anyone know wher eto get anew one?

Suspended
    Thanks
    aaaah thats a good point ........... I remember when I had a HTC phone I also dropped it and cracked the corner - the problem is the screen goes right to the edge of the phone which is a bad thing. Something to def think about. Thanks murdock.
    But generally is she/was she happy with the flyer ?

Thanks
    What are your criteria for the tablet to meet?
    I've seen smaller size, expandability and extensions and drawing, but not what you'll be using it for.

Suspended
    Thanks
    hey twin ....... basically my criteria is ...................... well let me put it this way I went this weekend with my wife and we both agreed on the Acer tablet. It is 10 inch so the same size as th ipad. It has a usb port, a slot for a 3g data card, sd card and a port for a hdmi cable to fit in. So basically to me it is like a small computer ..... if I understand it correctly .... I believe you can download apps like my blackberry phone. I believe I can open a word/excel doc in a different format and do quotes etc on it. In addition to this i can go onto facebook etc including this forum and the internet generally . So I can play on it and do some work ... I am going to order it from Nashua Mobile this week .......... hope I am making the right choice ????

I also believe there is an app to download that you can then use a stylus to write on the screen - as well as I wsa told that I could use my drifta on it as well.

Thanks
    I'm not sure you'll find an app that opens documents for free (although, I honestly haven't looked too hard), But the way to look at it is not so much as a small computer, but as a large cell phone. Tablets have limited functionality (like cell phones), and are generally good at single tasks (the ipad's weakness that was turned into a strength). I haven't really been following the hype because I don't see the use in it, but apparently the hype is around small applications and internet in a portable frame. if that's what you're looking for, then I'd say go for it.

Thanks
    Have you seen the Playbook from Blackberry? I have two friends that have there for some time and are very happy with them. The difference is that the Blackberry does not have 3 G as it tethers with your Blackberry phone for 3G connection. It does have WiFI, some serious multitasking capabilities and brilliant graphics. It does come with "Documents to go" Word processor, Spreadsheet and power point for free.

The Playbook lacks an native email application for now, It looks to be available soon though. For now you have to get you email app through your Blackberry phone.

Have you had a look at Samsung Galaxy? They seam to be a big threat to the ipad.

My suggestion is to stay with the players that have cemented themselves in this market space- Ipad (which I personally do not like), Galaxy and Playbook. My choice goes to Playbook.

Thanks
    get a Panado
    its the GP's choice.

sorry, i could'nt resist it.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Thanks msmoorad ....................... lol

Thanks
    I would suggest you to buy the android b-pad 714.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast