Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: beeeeg party tonight

Suspended
    Thanks

beeeeg party tonight

tomorow morning i will be waking up to a nice hot shower...i know some of you are gona say well i do that every morning...well it hasnt happened for almost a year now that my power has been off...i paid my account 2 weeks ago and i have been waiting patiently for 2 weeks now while the strike has been going on to get my power switched back on...they finally opened today and i was told it would be done today...but when i got home my excitement was short lived because there was still no power...and i know it really makes no diffrence because whats another day...but hey to hell with it...i am tired of washing in a bucket...i am tired of waking up every morning collecting water...boiling it them standing in the shower cubicle washing out of a bucket...i am tired of carrying big batteries to various location to be recharged...i am tired of plain bread with my breakfast...i want toast...i can now reactive my security system alarms etc...dont have to change gate batteires every week etc etc etc ...anyway i sat down calmly and contacted the metro and reported a fault...they arrived an hour ago and fixed the fault...fitted a new fuse...the reconnect people have still not arrived...at least tonight i am have my light on in my office so i can see the keyboard so you might notice fewer mistakes.

i am taking the day off tomorow take a long hot shower...make breakfast with toast...boil the kettle for coffee..then go put all my battery operated equipment on charge...play in my workshop with all my machines which have been standing for all this time...cend all my wood through the thicknesser...run the compressor and all the aircons...and just generally enjoy all the perks of having the power back on

i am gona make a few changes in my life over the next few months...i can start my getting fit again becaus ei can now shower when i get home...and now that i no longer need to live out of a cooler box any longe ri can go get some food and put it in the fridge so i can start eating healthy food again...packing lunches etc etc...

lifes is gona be great

by the way my wife said we are having noofys with the lights on tonight...because we can...another good reason to take tomorow off i might not get that must sleep tonight

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by murdock View Post
    ...anyway i sat down calmly and contacted the metro and reported a fault...they arrived an hour ago and fixed the fault...fitted a new fuse...the reconnect people have still not arrived...

at least tonight i am have my light on in my office so i can see the keyboard so you might notice fewer mistakes.
    Is that what the problem was? Finger trouble fumbling in the dark. I'm starting to celebrate some too

by the way my wife said we are having noofys with the lights on tonight...because we can...another good reason to take tomorow off i might not get that must sleep tonight
    nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn - don't say it, Dave. Resist. Resist.

May you and your wife have a good night, Murdock.

Suspended
    Thanks
    sheeewizzz this is gona take a while to adjust....by 5 .15 am this morning i was sitting wondering what to do...had a nice 35 litre hot shower...dressed and was ready for work...popped 2 slices of toast in the toaster made a cup of coffee and just sat staring into space...forgot i could got sit in my office with my light on and start work without having to move batteries around...time to set some goals in my life.

first step

food plan (to work out how much to set aside for the month)...start eating health again so i can knock off 20 kg again...one thing i have always looked down at poor fat people because i have always wondered if they eat or smoke all their money up...but have come to realise it is expensive to eat healthy...and join a gym then to drive there everyday...we take all these things for granted.

second get kit ready for walk in the morning (free)...now that i can shower when i get back (+/-) 30 litres of water plus geyser to heat water.

Suspended
    Thanks
    and as i enjoy my dinner tonight poooof there goes the power and it is still off...power failure in the area. good thing i left all bit and pieces in place.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Welcome back to 1st world South Africa, Murdock

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I am interested how long can a computer run on a battery? Did you use car batteries?
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Suspended
    Thanks
    800 watt inverter (square wave) with a 100 amp/hr deep cycle battery if the battery is in good condition and charged with the correct charger will last up to 5 hours...

as the batteries started packing up the time would drop from 5 hours...some older batteries would only last 3 hours on a full charge...and out of 6 batteries i started off with in january only 3 are still functioning...at R1300 a pop...cost to charge 1 battery per month R86....cost to run laptop and screen around R30...the problem is the invertor uases 4-5 amps while running...a total of 10-12 amps for everything running...invertors cuts out at 11.7 volts...it has been an interesting exercise and at the end of the day it pays to have power...as everything in SA as soon as there is a market for something there are always people rippping a hole the size of the kimberly hole in your backside...

as soon as the load shedding started price of generatros went from R5000 to R11000...now you can pick up a 5.5 kva generator for between R3 and 4 000 ...100 amp hour batteries went from R850 to over R2000...and now that energy saving is a big thing...anything to do with energy saving you get ripped off...and example is energy saving lights...you cant honestly tell me that a strip of led lights cost more than R1 to make lets say R10 to be fair...yet to buy a 1 metre strip light cost R160...led light downlights...like energy saver lights what a rip off...a good quality led downlight could cost you up to R500...goverment worries about price fixing maybe they should look into price screwing.

..the joke of the day

all the materials used to make the stuff comes from..........................................yes south africa...

alusaf hillside smelter makes the ally and is shipped to where...then sent right back as cheap junk.

our habours are stacked as high as the suger terminals with metal getting shipped to where........

our dunes in richards bay are being mined and shipped off to where....

i have noticed the chinese are moving into our suburbs faster than the somarlians...nigerians...zimbabwians...in fact i hear they have litterally taken over places like newcastle...ladysmith

etc etc...please feel free to set the record straight...but this is how i see it

i had a laptop...22 " led full hd screen

Suspended
    Thanks
    i was considering slowly stripping out and packing up system for water and power...NOT...the second time now already that the water has shut down...and the electricity went off for 6 hours the second night....i have had to use my backup system in the short period of time it has been switched back on...

heres the joke of the week...

the fact that i have decided to leave the flow restrictor...of my own choice....ethekwini water no longer responds to water faults on my property...they give me a reference number and contact the water retrictor supplier to come and repair...the catch they dont work after 4 pm and on weekends....so with this knowledge i have means to overcome this issue...just in case...plus i have enough water on my property to last me 1 and a half months at my present consumption...including drinking water which would last about a week...so i do what i have to do to get the water running to find it is not the water restrictor which is faulty...so i contact the water faults number again...their response sorry the fact that you have a water restricitor installed means you no longer have a constitutuional right to water after hours any longer...because the sub contractor who suppliers and services the restrictor doesnt work over time.....eiiiish.

Suspended
    Thanks
    time to start getting totally independant...a borehole on my property or pack up and find a house next to a river...or better still i noticed a house i visited a while back had tanks next to the pool...when i enquired about the tanks the fella told me he has a stream which flows thru his property....so he routed the water into the tanks and uses it to top up the pool and irrigate the garden...so when i move this will be the feature i am looking for not a fancy kitchen...entertainment area.. etc etc... but a stream on the property....people say the next war wil not be over oil...but fresh water...

Suspended
    Thanks
    a question...the fact that they have still not responded to my request to repair my water problem...if this happens again over a weekend or in the evening...would i be able to claim the expenses incurred for the time spent in a hotel while i wait for them to repair the problem...if i was resonable and booked into a hotel equivalant to my house status...ie 2 or 3 star for the period of time it takes for them to sort it out...lets say a weekend for 2 nights and at the rate they are going an additional night for tonight...not do you think they will not pay what are my legal rights with regards to this problem...would i have a claim?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast