Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Better than Pulp Fiction

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by murdock View Post
    i dont see why a small minority control the whole country and as i understand it the chinese are buying out the mines faster we are even noticing...some mines are apparently 60% chinese owned already...as i said please feel free to correct me as i am not in the know just sitting watching the news being lead by the media.
    For the most part - as long as they pay their taxes it shouldn't be a problem. Government will make as much or more that way.

The obvious flaw in Juju's nationalisation plan is the "without compensation" bit which would alienate foreign investment without doubt - but I see a deeper strategic problem which I think the debate on mine ownership should really be taking aim at resolving.

When it comes to mines, i.m.o we should be way more careful in managing resources we need for ourselves over the long term. I don't see the sense in exporting our coal, for example. We need it - and I'd suggest that ownership of coal fields is retained by the state or a wholly state-owned parastatal. It's absolutely ridiculous that Eskom should be paying for coal at international pricing rates as opposed to local cost-to-produce-plus-margin pricing. And for that bonus money to go into private pockets - well, we're all getting our pockets picked with this one and it's hurting our economic development potential.

We also definitely need to look at local beneficiation. We should avoid exporting raw materials as much as possible and rather be exporting finished product. Cars instead of iron ingots, for example.

Just got the urge to get that off my chest.

2. Thanks given for this post:

msmoorad (31-Aug-11)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    When it comes to mines, i.m.o we should be way more careful in managing resources we need for ourselves over the long term. I don't see the sense in exporting our coal, for example. We need it - and I'd suggest that ownership of coal fields is retained by the state or a wholly state-owned parastatal. It's absolutely ridiculous that Eskom should be paying for coal at international pricing rates as opposed to local cost-to-produce-plus-margin pricing. And for that bonus money to go into private pockets - well, we're all getting our pockets picked with this one and it's hurting our economic development potential.
    Don't the private mining companies have to re-apply for the mining rights every few years so in effect the coal fields are controlled by the state, they could just grant the mining rights with stricter regulations.

Thanks
    I reckon this is could be better than Pulp Fiction; perhaps even The Godfather trilogy.

http://mg.co.za/article/2011-08-26-l...ns-to-tar-zuma

Considering the recent blaps made in media reports of Desmond Tutu's "white tax" speech, my faith in SA journalism is still a little shaky, and perhaps the article needs to be taken with a pinch of salt. But there can be little doubt that there are dark things scurrying around the corridors of power within the ANC right now.

When Juju was screened on prime time TV saying "Let's not just look at my financial affairs - let's look at everybody's financial affairs", I thought that would be it - he'd opened Pandora's Box.

And talking of boxes - I see a few have gone missing.

I reckon get out the popcorn - this is going to be one hell of a movie.
    im sure there will be those that dont agree with me but im quite convinced that the ONLY reason Julius Malemas affairs are being focused on by the media is the he is the ONLY one calling for nationalisation of the mines
    mainstream media is zionist controlled-even in our rainbow nation & the owners of the mines are the Rothschilds/Oppenheimers- they want to prevent Malemas idea from becoming popular amongst the ignorant masses-that would be something they cant control
    so they are trying their best to discredit him.
    we all know that Malemas words are true when he said:
    "Let's not just look at my financial affairs - let's look at everybody's financial affairs'

SO, WHY ONLY HIM?

hes not my favourite person but i think he would have been allowed to keep his ill gotten gains if he just shut up & behaved like the others.

Thanks
    For the most part - as long as they pay their taxes it shouldn't be a problem. Government will make as much or more that way.

The obvious flaw in Juju's nationalisation plan is the "without compensation" bit which would alienate foreign investment without doubt - but I see a deeper strategic problem which I think the debate on mine ownership should really be taking aim at resolving.

We also definitely need to look at local beneficiation. We should avoid exporting raw materials as much as possible and rather be exporting finished product. Cars instead of iron ingots, for example.

Just got the urge to get that off my chest.
    why you apologising for speaking the truth -which is also part of this issue?

6. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (01-Sep-11)

Thanks
    i came across a very interesting movie called defamation- its made by an Israeli jew.
    the complete movie is on YouTube.
    just go to Youtube & type in: Defamation the movie

its about 1h30 mins & approx 450MB- for those who want to download it.
    heres the link :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utVkVQnAY64

but just search for it, if the link does not work

ps- this post may be off topic but i think all of u need to see this

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.