Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Deduction of personal income protection

Thanks
    Nickolai, you must be missing something I’s said somewhere in my posts, or you, as a Person only allowed to sell Liberty Life products, have not had the opportunity to study the PPS and Sanlam products I am talking about and are making a lot of unfortumate mistakes and assumptions in your single paragraph response.

If you were to call either PPS’ or Sanlam’s call centre, and ask them about their products providing cover against temporary disability, you’ll be able to find out just how much you did/still do not know about their products and where they are better and where they are not better than the products offered by Liberty Life.

You made a lot of statements about paying tax on incomes should one claim, double taxation (??), lump sum benefits, being half able to do a job, PPS twisting taxation laws to suit themselves, personal and business cover and various other loose statements about benefits also not part of the topic or my responses, but I am sure that once you make the phone calls and realise that PPS actually do offer the benefits I am talking about, that you will change your post as I am softening my harsh response to yours.

I am not misleading anybody, Nickolai. Nor am I worried about being fit and proper as far as the giving of advice about a product where less than 0.1% of the financial advisers out there possibly know more about than I do about the product. I have even had lengthy discussions and put written recommendations on request to Liberty Life about how to make their product (the one you sell) better than it is. I think it is purely a mistake on your part in thinking that every product has to work the way you think it should because of your (limited, possibly?) insurance view as seen from a Liberty Life perspective.

Please do not think that I am knocking Liberty Life. Their product has many great benefits, but there are even more areas where PPS are lightyears ahead of even such a great company as Liberty – my preferred product supplier for anything other than income benefits for professionals.
    Last edited by Dave A; 14-May-12 at 02:47 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123