Hi,

Is it possible for a 3rd party application to access information on Pastel Partner?

For example: Can a Customer detail lookup be done by the 3rd party application from Pastel's customer masterfile in the following scenario:

A third party application (barcode scanner) is used to generate a list of the barcodes and quantites of items that will eventually be used to populate a sales order in Pastel Partner. If you import only the item code and quantity into the sales order, leaving the other import fields blank, the sales order does not pull through the other fields from the masterfiles (eg. Customer Delivery Address, Inventory item selling prices, descriptions etc). This leaves you with a sales order that has only the codes and quantities showing.

It seems like you have to import all the information to populate the sales order (incl Delivery addresses, Inventory Selling Prices etc) and whatever you put or don't put in the import file, will appear on the sales order.

Now, I am wondering how I can give Pastel the Customer code, Item code and Quantity that I get from the barcode scanner application and Pastel automatically completes the rest of the information (item descriptions, prices etc) on the sales order.

Thank you.