Thread: Machine Panel COC

Thanks

Machine Panel COC

Does anyone know what type of certificate should be issued with a panel build which will be used on a machine upgrade - is it certificate of compliance or certificate of conformity.

Would the certificate of compliance be issued fro the supply connection to the panel bearing in mind that the panel will comprise of PLC, Inverter drives, power supply and relay etc.

Whatever type of certificate that needs to be issued, I can only think of the normal type of information / tests eg supply voltage, neutral to earth voltage, earth resistance and checks to confirm that the cabling is up to required standards.

What am I missing here?

Thanks
    The electrical certificate of compliance only covers the fixed building installation up to and including the isolator switch or the supply connection. It can't be issued for the control panel of a machine or even the supply cable going to it. The electrical company that installed the supply up to the connection point would have (should have) issued the certificate. If the supply was already existing then it would be covered by a previous COC.

Thanks
    The COC needs to be issued for all and any changes to an installation. If this was a residential installation and a further socket outlet was installed then a COC would have to be issued for that installed socket outlet.

The same applies here. I will be making a change to the installation so therefore I will need to issue a COC. Furthermore the customer is insisting on one.

I know that Certificates of Conformity can be issued for a panel but I do not know what requirements are required for this procedure and who is authorized to issue such certificate

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Machine Elec View Post
    The COC needs to be issued for all and any changes to an installation.
    How are you altering the installation? Did you install the supply to the machine from the DB?