Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: About job creation.

Thanks

About job creation.

Zuma is saying he want to get personally involved in creating jobs for the people. But in reality government are just saying the same thing over and over knowing nothing will change. As the gap between the rich and the poor increases, shouldn’t we ask, is any human worth a salary of a million plus?
    Is business or the capitalist system to blame for mans greed?
    I have been a business owner most of my adult life. I never saw myself as a businessman. To me it was about the product if your product or service was good it should sell. Unfortunately if someone put enough money behind a bad product it will also sell and in many cases it will continue to sell.
    Is there a way of creating jobs? Can we create new sustainable business industries? Is there a way of stopping corruption?
    Yes there is but the business communities don’t want it.
    My friend and I spend years developing a business system that would help reducing the gap between the rich and the poor but when shown to the business community they hated it claiming such a system would eat it to their profits. If you train someone a skill that skill is useless if that someone can’t use it to support himself. If someone cant find employment after his skills training then his only other option would be self employment, self employment requires capital, capital that most of them don’t have. Our system was designed to help such people. Unfortunately the business community doesn’t see it that way; to them that unemployed person is just someone that could takes money away from them. We can’t expect the crime rate to go down if we have so many unemployed with no hope for their future.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gombault View Post
    Is there a way of creating jobs? Can we create new sustainable business industries? Is there a way of stopping corruption?
    Yes there is but the business communities don’t want it.
    My friend and I spend years developing a business system that would help reducing the gap between the rich and the poor but when shown to the business community they hated it claiming such a system would eat it to their profits.
    And this system that will solve these problems would be?

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I think that job creation is a waste of time. The ones that have jobs want to strike and sit on their butts.. There is no way under the sun that I will hire more staff, to the contrary, we are in the process of purchasing 3 small injection moulding machines - great, now I can get rid of those pesky twits that only come to work Tuesday through Thursday. Why create more jobs, all that will happen is that there will be more babies needing more jobs.

I demand: One job on vasectomy; Viva birth control. Aye I don't care, I make my own job and I already have two daughters.

Thanks
    Before I tell you how our system works I will tell you what’s wrong with our current system. Those companies that can afford to advertise in places like the yellow pages or have web pages seldom want to do the small jobs.
    Lets take an example. (I know many of you had similar experiences yourself)

Your houses roof is leaking.
    You first try the yellow pages. I would say about 50% of the businesses you call via the yellow pages the person in charge is not in. they would tell you he would phone you back but he never does. Another 30% would tell you that they are to busy or give you a date that’s not acceptable. The last 20% would give you a price that’s just ridicules.
    Meantime there are many that could do an affordable and professional job but we lack a system of connecting the parties.

Creating an industry.
    I am in manufacturing many of our machines are electro hydraulic controlled. We also build special purpose machines for our own application. So we know how much things like hydraulic motors, pumps. Solenoid valves and cylinders cost. The first thing I do if I am looking for something hydraulic is go to large scrap yards. I picked up things there that cost many thousands of Rands for only the price of scrap weight. This could have been an entire industry selling S/H hydraulic components. Or someone with hydraulic experience could service them and sell them as recondition.
    So why isn’t it an industry? Because it’s too hard to find customers.
    This is only one example the same would be applicable on many other products.

Preventing corruption.
    Our system is based on price and availability. It also caters for exclusion, meaning if someone only wants to do business with selected suppliers then only those selected suppliers will receive requests. If all government purchases would work via this system there could be no corruption.

How our system works.
    The business will register for the categories he does business in we also divided the categories in to new, secondhand and reconditioned products.
    The business will register for the town and province he’s in.

If someone requires a product or service he would select the products category. He would select the town or province he could also select for a countrywide search.
    He will then give a description of the product or service he wants. And send.

All on the system and in the area specified would receive his request for a price and availability. This system would bring a saving of more than 90% on time and phone costs.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    @gombault - and what does this have to do with job creation. Lots of people already advertise their services on Gumtree and one can search by county / province / city.

Thanks
    Adrianh I have injection molders and believe me they will not solve your problems.
    Our system is not about advertising it’s about eliminating advertising. It’s about those that can’t afford advertising to have an equal opportunity to trade.
    With our system you cant advertise. You select a category and an area and ask if someone in that area have what you want and give you his price.
    We moved in to a very dangerous lifestyle of greed. Our politicians gave themselves huge salaries local governments top brass then did the same the private and public sector followed. The gap between the rich and poor just keeps on getting bigger if the rich doesn’t rectify the situation then they will loose everything. We cannot have so many living in poverty and then just say it’s the government’s problem.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Hmmm...to the contrary, I have proved that I can get 18 hours of productivity from my laser 365 days a year. I can get 23 hours of the injection moulding machine. I sure as hell can't get that out of staff. The machines don't get colds, flu, they don't strike, they don't take long lunches or argue with you. No matter how you sell, machines are more efficient.

Nobody can work on the never-never. I cannot see anybody placing a request in space hoping that they might get somebody to supply the service. I want to phone a company, find out if they can solve a problem and if they can't, move on to the next company. I don't want to sit looking at a screen hoping that somebody will call me. If those companies have their names listed in your directory then how is that different from advertising?

We moved in to a very dangerous lifestyle of greed
    It's called capatilsm and it has been around for a very, very long time. In a dog eat dog world there are no hand-outs. People need to get off their butts and work. If those living in poverty stopped making babies and started working they could solve their own problems. Why don't they go back to the rural areas and work on the farms, they don't because they want MacDonalds and cellphones. I have no sympathy for people who do not take it upon themselves to better themselves.

I still don't get what the relationship is between your directory and the starving masses.

Ok, let me ask another question - what would it cost me to subscribe to your service?

Thanks
    Capitalism seeks to make a profit at the expense on others. It has helped the West advance well for the past few centuries now. Unfortunately business needs to compete and capitalise on the little money thats out there.

Thanks
    Everyone in manufacturing automates. If you don’t you won’t remain in business.
    No manufacturing process can exist without humans. You still need operators by your injection molders.

You are not placing something in space; you are placing a request to only those that supplies the product or service you want. Do you want to phone 10 companies that don’t have what you want? Do you want to receive 10 phone calls from people that want something you don’t sell? I ones spend an entire day phoning chemical companies looking for a hi temp epoxy. Wouldn’t it be nice to have a system doing it for you

Thanks
    A couple of questions:

I still don't get how this system is closing the gap between rich and poor?

You emphatically state that this is not advertising, so how would you bring client and service provider together then without some form of advertising?
    "If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.