Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: About job creation.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    How much does it cost:

To join the listing?
    To use the listing?

And of course don't forget about Kim's questions!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 2,259 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I know this thread is all over the place already, but can I pick on this snippet, please?

Quote Originally Posted by johnwarner75 View Post
    Capitalism seeks to make a profit at the expense on others.
    Say what?

I don't know how your business operates (or what business you work for) but in my operation - customers get services which are provided at fair value. My staff operate in a team environment that allows them to make money, and in a way they couldn't do on their own. I create employment, and I get a return on the capital I use to finance this shindig (not to mention some applied knowledge and leadership that keeps this little economic engine rolling in the right direction).

So I'm a capitalist and operating at who's expense exactly?

The way I see it everyone's a winner. So what am I missing here?

3. Thanks given for this post:

Blurock (06-Aug-11)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I'm with Dave on this one. The way I understand it (and apply it), capitalism is about the exchange of money / skills / time (labour) and the exchange of money / product service (trade = supply & demand).

Businesses of course trade with the public as well as amongst each other. Trading amongst each other could be for supplying raw materials, financial services, advertising space, etc. By definition, a capitalist approach boils down to a symbiotic relationship (i.e. where every party needs the other party to survive). Nowhere does it imply greed. Capitalism will require good leaders to keep the networks of relationships between their organisation and its suppliers and its customers healthy, and always ensure value to all parties in their network. And in final instance the paying customer (whether it is the private individual or another business) will vote with his money. In my opinion this is a very fair system, because greed WILL eventually be voted out as better products / services become available at competitive prices.

But I also don't understand how your system will eliminate advertising, because it still sounds like advertising to me, just slightly modified. Unless you mean it will eliminate PAID advertising, in which case I'm curious as to how you will maintain this system without any funding. Surely someone somewhere has to foot the bill?

5. Thanks given for this post:

Blurock (06-Aug-11)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I fail to understand gombault's point. Are you complaining because you are not generating enough business for yourself or are you trying to promote communism?

Communism we do not have to discuss because it has never worked anywhere, not even in the good old USSR. If you can not generate enough business due to ineffective advertising, get someone to give you advice.

As you say; 50% of the companies you phone for quotes do not respond. This should give you an opportunity to do better by making sure that you respond in time and provide the best job at a reasonable price. If you can achieve only this, word of mouth will ensure that you will have more than enough business to keep you busy. You may even be able to expand your business and employ more people who then do not have to rely on Govt. and taxpayers to provide them with social grants and handouts.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Let’s unthread this tapestry and we will find woven in its design is the need for poverty, reckless abandonment that makes up this picture we see today. We will find that labour brokers destroyed job security and they don’t do much other then keep jobs for ransom a legal blackmail nothing more.

The plonker that thought labour brokers was good for the economy just justified outsourcing thus giving jobs away. So while economists top themselves off with BB guns “they can’t get real ones” we are in a bit of a mess.

Sadly we no longer have local industry because it is cheaper to import then support our local cash grabbers we call manufactures. And I really have a trouble with their mind set. They think because they give people work and all that, that they can blackmail the public into submission “don’t support us we fire people” attitude. The only thing that is going to stimulate is spite and outsourcing.

Seriously economics is like pub toilet that you eventually will have to use. And if it wasn’t maintained well it is not going to be a joyful experience. So what to do, we have millions of small businesses and there owners “not all but some” expect people to work for nothing or less.

That said South Africa allowed for the W@l-M@rt invasion! So basically our importers of cheep crap will now be out of business because the demigod of cheep crap is in town and it can import cheaper goods cheaper still while blissfully force people to work for the air they breathe. “emission tax”

So the factors are:

Firstly: Job creation is gone due to the need to be business rather than being employed and it is the only way you can create work for yourself due political and other bylaws that make employment impossible for some.

Secondly you have labour brokers that make sure not a single worker has job security. And yet they print out payslips so that those workers can borrow money from the bank. Money that is now a liability for the bank, thus a liability for investors. NEED I say more?

Thirdly you have the “W@l-M@rt” sh!t storm that will destroy every small importer in this country. That will destroy the remaining local fabricators of this country. That will enforce low wage jobs. Not to mention our already weakened welfare system will have to cope a much higher demand, because people will simply no longer be able to afford things like doctors and so on.

The forth factor is our fabricators, they cannot expect people to pay triple to fabricate locally. And Government is really not helping with their countless rules BEE bylaws, penalties and over taxing. We are one of the highest taxed nations in the world! And because of that we can no longer afford to fabricate locally. Soon our exports will dwindle because our natural resources are being exported cheaply, and then we have to import the product that was made from our resources thus more money goes out of the country along with sustainability.

Our Agricultural system is collapsing, because again people will rather import and for reasons unknown we do not have massif purification plants pumping sea water making it clean for agricultural use. Why is this? The technology is there we have the resources but we don’t do the deed? Why is that? Not to mention existing farms are being “reclaimed” and not producing anymore.

So with all this said and done how on earth do one expect a country to grow? It cannot so something has to change and will change. South Africa can flourish or we can face a total economical and social collapse.

Now at this point in time we have car manufactures and people are saying “yes government is helping them” This is true and I hope it stays true because it creates jobs” However right now the importers are bringing in cheap cars and we cannot afford the cars we build??? This is also true… Now this is a wonderful example of; “what the hell is going on?” The people must start to take notice because we are already pointing towards a mismanaged system.

Our tax structure make it impossible to own land, it makes it impossible to fabricate locally. Our bylaws makes job creation impossible, you cannot get onto the vender-list due to bylaws. Labour brokers allow for false job security that is destroying our investment system and in turn creates more instability. Not to mention that our banks wants 100% and more profit from each loan….

Still the biggest problem we have along with all the above is our educational system. What an absolute bugger-up! E$k*m no longer accepts N3 or a high school diploma or so is my understanding when I spoke to one of their people. Now you need both!!! And it gets sadder the training you get once you got your papers in order is p!ss poor and they are not alone. So what is the point to higher education if you don’t get ahead?

Workers can no longer climb rank because there is a backlog of "previously disadvantage" workers that never did training “that was and is available to them for the last 16 years” now expects to become the next manager, while avoiding education subject in its entirety. That said there are so many contractors at the plants that they managed to close the plant down when on strike? How can there be more contractors/labour-brokers then permanent employees?

Now if this continues then the system will do the only thing it can do, that is to stop working. Then imagine what will happen next. This is the reality of the situation?

If things continue as there are then in the next 2 to 5 years jobs will be a thing of the past and cheap labour without any future will be our only future.

i know
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 2,259 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    i know
    Not really. You touch on many of the legislation issues that are indirectly contributing to unemployment and their combined effect is certainly showing.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Yes, and David Icke says that it is all because the reptiles that run the Babylonian Brotherhood who have been taking over the world since their landing here on earth. (The Biggest Secret - by By David Icke)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    ... the reptiles...
    Hehehehe... The return of "V"...and next time I see a politician my eyes will be fixed on their skin, hoping to see a scratch that will reveal those green scales!

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    ...then of course we mustn't forget that the reptiles are the driving force behind the secret agenda of the Church Of The Flying Spaghetti Monster
    ...or maybe it's not the reptiles,
    anyway,
    some or other dark sinister third force is behind Pastafaria and the promotion of saucy noodley appendages!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Adrian, your a nutcase!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.