Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Right to Life

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Outspoken View Post
    Please then explain this reality. My son's friend, a young lady and her friend were stopped by the police in Pretoria and accused of running a red robot, which was untrue. They were taken in a police vehicle into Mamelodi, somewhere, stripped, photographed and etc. etc. She was able to activate her 'tracker' device on her cell phone to alert her father and was they were then quickly taken to a holding cell for the night. They are now, both incredibly traumatised!!!! What can one possibly do about this dreadful violation???? We are run by a Gangster state! This incident follows the disappearance of a Pretoria University student three weeks ago!!! I ask, when are law-abiding citizens, big business going to unite and begin to DO something against this terror campaign that, I believe is being orchestrated by this Government????
    this kind of story is also just becoming a way of life in south africa...most women dont report it it due to the embarressment and most times they have been for a night out and might be a little tipsy so they get threatened with all sorts of things then taken advantage of...i heard this is especially common with indian policemen taking white women for a ride (i heard a story like this just a couple of week ago again) they apparently follow women who are alone or 2 of them in the car driving home or between parties...threaten them...then get them to perform sexual favour to so that they dont get arrested.
    i suppose if you are forced into making a decision...do you go to jail and get a criminal record or perform a sexual act chances are you gona go with the later.

spending a night in jail just for jumping a red robot also sounds like some part of the story is missing

Thanks
    Hi there,

Sorry, but in my opinion, firearms are needless. There are other ways of defending yourself, such as pepper-spray, stun guns/batons and more. Why not rather use non-lethal protection?

Regards

Thanks
    Exactly why we ended up with apartheid. A total lack of decency, responsibility, respect, consideration or foresight.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mbsmit View Post
    Hi there,

Sorry, but in my opinion, firearms are needless. There are other ways of defending yourself, such as pepper-spray, stun guns/batons and more. Why not rather use non-lethal protection?

Regards
    nothing like going into a gun fight with a pen knife

not everyone is an ex gang member who knows how to street fight...not only that would you like to protect your family with a baton while thugs ransak your house armed with firearms...sounds like you live in the cape or PE where ther eis no violent crime.

please remind me how many firearms have gone missing from the police.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by murdock View Post
    nothing like going into a gun fight with a pen knife

not everyone is an ex gang member who knows how to street fight...not only that would you like to protect your family with a baton while thugs ransak your house armed with firearms...sounds like you live in the cape or PE where ther eis no violent crime.

please remind me how many firearms have gone missing from the police.
    Hi there,

As a matter of fact, I do and could not be happier :-). I partially agree with your statement. Perhaps people should buy themselves a stun-gun and rather make use it as a first resort and use a firearm as a last resort.

The problem, in my opinion, is that people would reach for their gun in matters that does not call for it, where a stun-gun or pepper spray, would have provided a simpler and safer alternative without drastically increasing the risk on their part.

Well, this debate have been going on for many many years already... Have a nice day.

Regards,
    Mr Smit

Suspended
    Thanks
    we had 2 hijackings in our area..the second one resulted in the death of 2 hijackers...both shot dead while attempting to hijack a vehicle in the driveway...if they were shot with a stun gun...chances are we would still be having hijackings in our area....

now we have a problem...because they are stealing a vehicle a night...the problem they wear boxer shorts and no shirt so it is difficult to shoot someone if they are dressed in this manner armed with an allen key and a small weigh to break the locks...the last ones were shot with 200 rounds from a paint ball gun...both suspected thieves (caught in the act) were floored...and the thefts continue...and to add now we are having house breaking during the day....there are 6 occupants driving around in a white toyota stallion....last seen cruising the area on sunday morning at 3.30 am...now just think if just 2 or better still all six were shot dead...problem solved...message to other wanna be thieves...dont f^&*k around in that area otherwise you will end up dead...saving the tax payer lots of money...saving the insurance comapnies...allowing us to sleep between 2 and 5 am without having to worry about your car being stolen...house being broken into...wife and child being attacked...etc etc...you have to make the punsihment work...otherwise you might as well keep putting higher fences...more security gates...bullet proof windows on your car...you wanna live in a cage...I DONT.

you send out the right message...they can go rob other people who want to worry about kissing and making up...feeling sorry for the poor crimminal......i can assure you it has nothing to do with putting food on the table....like they say with drugs it starts off with a little weed then grows...hence the ban on drugs...same thing with crimminlas...it starts off with petty crimes...by the first lot of rehab in prison they are ready to move to the next level...been gang raped by tiny...tattoed and beads inserted in their dicks and ready for action...and so the problem grows.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    If a knife if founded in your car or on your person it counts as a concealed weapon thus you are considered to be armed. Thus if someone shoots you "with a legal firearm" he/she can claim you where armed with something most of us consider to be a basic tool. I am not saying they will get away with it. I am saying you will be considered to be armed.

So if the law stays the same regardless of the weapon why must the weapon be none lethal? See the laws are the problem not the weapon. Fact is criminals obtain there firearms illegally and in most cases it is weapons designed for war not self defence.

So if you truly believe that a paper-ball will stop an armed attacker with weaponry designed to be both powerful lethal and capable to shoot trough a car like a hot knife through butter, it becomes clear that carrying just a handgun, paintball gun or knife is no longer efficient.

You need to be able to respond with the same lethal intend meaning a weapon that is fully automatic and able to suppress, harm and or if necessary eliminate your attacker. Add proper training in the mix and you may stand a chance to fight back against the growing crime.

The laws must change...
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    You need to be able to respond with the same lethal intend meaning a weapon that is fully automatic and able to suppress, harm and or if necessary eliminate your attacker.......

......The laws must change...
    I can't say I'd be in favour of fully automatic weapons in the hands of the general population.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mbsmit View Post
    Why not rather use non-lethal protection?
    Seriously?!

I disagree. I prefer not to have a firearm in the house, because I have little children. But I do carry a flame thrower... too tricky for little fingers to operate, but super efficient up to about 6m. It throws a ball of fire roughly 1m in diameter. I pray I never have to use it; but if my kids are in danger, I will roast the bugger!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mother View Post
    Seriously?!

I disagree. I prefer not to have a firearm in the house, because I have little children. But I do carry a flame thrower... too tricky for little fingers to operate, but super efficient up to about 6m. It throws a ball of fire roughly 1m in diameter. I pray I never have to use it; but if my kids are in danger, I will roast the bugger!
    I would imagine that it is an effective weapon this flame thrower... But I think you may have the wrong idea about a gun... It is not suppose to be in your sock-drawer for example. It is suppose to be in a safe that is locked with a key that is normally hidden and or placed in a safe place.

Secondly any weapon can kill a person. Your flame thrower for example can easily directly and or indirectly kill a person. Or do permanent damage...

That said how long will it take you to arm yourself with your weapon of choice "gun, flame thrower, knife, paint ball gun and so on and so forth" Time yourself, you will be surprised to know that you can double your reaction time because of shock. Not to worry this is true for both men and women.

So it really doesn't matter what you use, you will only get one chance to use it. All I can say is:

Be vigilant
    Be careful
    Avoid being alone
    Avoid isolated arias.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyD View Post
    I can't say I'd be in favour of fully automatic weapons in the hands of the general population.
    How many bullets does it take to harm and or kill a person? Just one.... So in all honesty you don't need a fully automatic weapon unless if you have more than 1 attacker and you need to suppress them.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast