My story/gripe is long and stretches over a period of nearly two years, but I am going to try and keep it very short.

I have owned timeshare on the points system since 1991. The company has been taken over and changed names about 4 times and presently we fall under Flexiclub. So in Sept 2009 we go away on the timeshare and get approached to look at "upgrading" our investment to insure it stays up to date with the resorts and all types pf stories that turn out to be nothing more than a bunch of smoke that was blown up our A$$e$.

The sales lady tells us about the economy and that they can do such great rentals for us if we dump some points into a banking system for rental to persons that can not get into certain resorts any other way than to rent from people like us.

We go for the deal increase our investment to a R60K asset according to the representative. Three months later our business of nearly sixteen years goes belly up. Within the next six months we start falling behind on our payments on not only the purchase but also the annual fees that have split to equal payments through the year.

Now when we originally purchased the timeshare points, the company that ran it at that stage made it clear and pursued the practice of repossessing your points to sell off and cover costs. I at this early stage of debt to this company attempted to sell or rent these points out to recover some costs, but this seemed impossible due to the fact that I was already in arrears. Even telling them that it is an internal transaction and that no moneys would come to me, but rather go directly to getting the account paid. They refused and have since then threatened to go legal.

Instead of going through with this action at that stage, they have now drawn it out another year to the point where my indebtedness to them amounts to R23K. This afternoon I was on the phone to them again regarding the matter and they still refuse to take all or some points of my accumulated, now R69K, asset to offset my debt.

I have even explained to them that this asset was the only thing in the house that the sheriff of the court was not able to repossess and that it is all that I have that they would be able to take if judgement is passed and I again get a visit from the sheriff.

Now I don't know how I can be more accommodating to the situation. I am trying to get the matter resolved without the legal costs and of course I would like to keep another judgement off my name. Even trying to make the maths easy and telling them to just take the whole thing (69K) off my hands and clear the debt and never have to do business with me again, they still refuse.

I would like to know if I can represent myself in court at the time when these guys get the judgement, who else can I speak to, I can't afford a lawyer to represent me or take my case.

I am presently working for a friend of mine in his little roadside quick shop in a small Freestate town that earns me a bit of money after my food bill has been deducted from my pay. I net around R1500 a month if I am lucky which barely pays the arrangements I have with banks regarding three bank accounts that we are trying to keep in good minimum order after the business went under. My wife is on chronic medication that eats up half that money and the state can not help her as they do not prescribe her Epilepsy medication as it is too expensive. The only medication they can give her makes her condition worse, which puts my in the situation of being a nurse to look after her as she has one episode after the other.

OK, let me wrap this up, I did say I was going to keep it short...... Any advise would be most welcome.