i have been under debt couselling for 24 months and after getting a better job, i decided to cancel it so that i can get credit again. Guess what: i went thouth the worst nightmares ever. Right now , im debt free but no one is willing to give me credit again, and the main reason is because my credit score is extremely low and poor payment profile

The time i was under DC i was not checking my credit report and recently, i decided to check it and found out that creditors have extremely damaged my credit profile due low installments they receive from distribution agencies. Now wherever i go (banks) trying to get credit , they tell me we can see that all your accounts are paid up and you are debt free, no default , no judgements but your 24 months payment profile shows that you were not paying, you have been in arrears for more than 20 months.

i logged a call with credit bereaus trying to fix this mess and was told , we cannot delete your payment history, we can only update your accounts as paid up, or closed. i also logged a call with ombudsman and i was also told that my payment profile/history cannot be removed, it can only get updated as closed/paid. and was advised to wait for rention period. Now if you are debt couselling, note that it will never be easy for you to get finance again...i regret going under DC