Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting to the decision maker

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Getting to the decision maker

Does anyone have any specific tips on getting to the decision maker? I'd love to hear them.

What got me thinking about it was I got spammed with this email - 6 sales tips to increase your sales. I might not have subscribed, but for once I really enjoyed the read.

Tip 6 is Talk to the right people – the decision makers.

But when it comes to chasing bigger business accounts in particular, easier said than done.
    Last edited by Dave A; 29-Jul-11 at 05:51 AM. Reason: typo

Thanks
    You just tell his/her secretary that screens the calls that you are Mr. so-and-so from the local fire department and you need to speak to him/her to find out where you should put the furniture that you managed to save from his/her burning house !
    I am sure you will be put through in no time.
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    We solve your fastening problems.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Care full with this one.
    Yes and when you identify yourself, I tell you to get lost very quickly, never to do business with you again, as you are devious and therefor what ever you sell or represent is a lie.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Email problem
    Thanks
    I fully agree with Justloadit on this one.

My route, being honest. Yes, laugh. I'd rather be honest than lie to people why I'm there. I promised myself, that when I have this company of mine, it'll be based on honesty. Easier said than done. I've lost a lot of business from people asking me to install pirated software for a quick buck, rather than purchasing Genuine Microsoft Software.

It's hard to say no, especially when you need the money. But when you are honest, you walk out of there with a huge smile on your face. Being proud that you took a stand. Even though you didn't get the sale.

5. Thank given for this post:

Blurock (14-Dec-11), Nienke (01-Aug-11)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post
    Care full with this one.
    Yes and when you identify yourself, I tell you to get lost very quickly, never to do business with you again, as you are devious and therefor what ever you sell or represent is a lie.
    Sorry guys..this is more a joke than good advice. You should know my dry sense of humor by now !
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    We solve your fastening problems.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

Thanks
    Scare tacticks do work though, after my inspections I make sure that the owners are afraid to sleep. I show pictures and give very vivid descriptions of spreading fires/electrocutions. Also of the expenses that will arise should something happen. Most of the time I have an appointment to do the repairs before I walk out the door.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Honesty rules, I think one should explain to the PA/Secretary what the boss can gain from doing business with you. Be persistent, eventually the PA/Secretary will get tired and make a plan.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Hi Sparks, nothing wrong with your method, you are not lying, you are telling the truth, what you describe can happen.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    I often have a pock around for google for 5 mins, gleam any info you can find, the more info you have, the more names you can drop, or events he/she attended, the better

11. Thanks given for this post:

Nienke (01-Aug-11)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Does anyone have any specific tips on getting to the decision maker? I'd love to hear them.

What got me thinking about it was I got spammed with this email. I might not have subscribed, but for once I really enjoyed the read.

Tip 6 is Talk to the right people – the decision makers.
    Everyone is the decision makers, I am decision makers and you are as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast