So yesterday morning I get into my car ready to head off to my first client. Start the car, nothing. Try again, nothing.

Call my insurance, they send a breakdown crew to my place, and I see that the battery water needed topping up. The battery was bone dry. ( Yes because you're an idiot -ed ) lol

Anyways, take the car to a mechanic, as it had to be serviced anyway. Wonderful guy, great place. Honest down to earth people.

So I get dropped off at home and await the dreaded call as with any car service. You know the type. "Hi, your car is serviced but we need to replace the whatever whatever coz it's damaging the whatever whatever". You know the drill.

At 2:14pm the call came in.

"Hi, your car has been serviced. Apart from the CV joint on the one side everything seems fine."

GREAT!

"Except......"

Oh shit, here we go.....

& then the owner told me.....

The mechanic took my car for a test drive after the service. Standard protocol. Except, he forgot to clip in the bonnet. Yes, you read correctly....

Cape Town's wonderful gale force winds caught the bonnet, and it flew up, shattering my windshield, denting my roof, totally wrecking the bonnet itself, broke my rear view mirror, glass everywhere, aerial buggered and and and !

<insert freakout session> @%##^$&#%^@#$%@#@#^%^@#^

Luckily the mechanic is ok. Car, wrecked.

Total damage: Estimated between R6k & R8k.

Here's the kicker, the garage doesn't have insurance that covers this. Their insurance only covers write-off's and if they car literally burns out. So they have to carry the costs out of their own pocket.

Got signed statements.
Got mechanic's drivers license. A copy.
Took video footage.
Took a lot of photo's.

So yea. There you have it. LUCKILY the whole who's paying for what went down smoothly. No arguing, no threats etc.

Luckily I have a car to drive around with until mine gets fixed.

I'm still shocked. I have pictures, if anyone wants to see.

Estimated ETA: 3 days ( I'll give them a week ).