I have started a cooking school & would really appreciate some advice on marketing. Obviously my target market is the local community & so I have looked at an ad in our local newspaper. On a small budget this is not cheap (R4 500 for 1/4 page). I decided on a quarter page for the launch and then smaller ads on a regular basis. My question is how do I capitalize on this? Any ideas what to include to get the most out of my first ad? My thoughts so far...
sponsor a course for an unemployed person (& see them through the process of securing a job) thought the paper might discount the ad if I did this but no such luck.
There is an exclusive Health Spa that I could piggy back with
Do you think discounted courses initially would work or do you think this would just make me look cheap?
Any idea how to target the affluent neighbourhood nearby - something out of the box, not just pamphlets.

Sorry for all the questions, just could really use some creative input! I realize how important marketing is...my head is buzzing with ideas, just turning it into reality is a bit challenging.