Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BHAG's - how big is yours?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    OH MY GOSH! I just read the explaination you linked to... You mean I speak according to a method? Which mean there's a method to my thought patterns? And that method has a name?????? Holy cow! Seriously, I never knew this... And now you've just set my mind on a course to determine where the heck this comes from...

Wow, thanks Ian! I feel very flattered now.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I have more or less achieved my BHAG. I wake up naturally in the morning. No alarm - alarm means there is a fire somewhere! No clock radio - who wants to wake up with bad news so early in the morning? Or even worse, rap crap from East Coast Radio (we do not have any choices here in Durban).

I now have my own business (long time dream) and get paid retainers for my services. My time is pretty much my own and I can come and go as I want to. I will never be rich, but I am a free spirit and very comfortable with where I am in life now.

Shucks! I have just discovered that I will have to keep working to keep the business and maintain this lifestyle!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    Shucks! I have just discovered that I will have to keep working to keep the business and maintain this lifestyle!
    Bummer!!! Then I guess it's time for a new BHAG ... gonna have to get rid of that "work" thing that keeps interfering with your time!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Maybe I'll become a rock star. But I'll still have to do gigs.....
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    At a business level, my BHAG is to build a business machine that pays me what I need as minumum and more than what I want as optimum without me being there. In terms of what I want to do with my time when I get there - well, realistically I could do most of that anyway already if I really chose to - so they're not much of a BHAG in themselves, but a great incentive to keep going.

Interesting reading the "potential" BHAG for TFSA. I actually do have one, one that has been in the back of my mind from the outset. We could be getting pretty close to me putting it out there as something for all of us to chase some time soon too.

The site is definitely gaining momentum.
    The sense of community is getting stronger and stronger.
    We're getting closer and closer to a base where I think we could pull this one off.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    I actually do have one, one that has been in the back of my mind from the outset. We could be getting pretty close to me putting it out there as something for all of us to chase some time soon too.
    Oh goodie! But you do realize that, if you don't share this one pretty soon, you're inbox is going to overflow with curious PM's... So don't keep us in suspense for too long!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Oh, let me not keep you in suspense. Before the upgrade in December 2010, the homepage was a little different for visitors than it is currently. Among other things it contained this snippet:

Some objectives of The Forum SA.

• A free-to-join site with mostly open-to-view content

• Relevant to business owners, executives and managers

• A source of information on the consequences and application of legislation affecting business in South Africa

• Combines article content and discussion forum, allowing structured presentation of information and interactive exploration of issues

• A tool for existing industry associations to facilitate communication with their membership, their industry and the public

Possibilities down the line include:

• Developing a lobbying capacity representing the interests of the members

• Providing a resource for consumers to make informed buying decisions

• Facilitation of a mentorship program
    Which reminds me - between the December 2010 upgrade and the hosting transfer, we actually lost quite a few things that I still need to try to recover one day. I've been holding off until the vB 4 code platform stabilises...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Thank goodness! You know, patience is NOT a virtue of mine...

Wow, Dave, those sound very exciting! But as you mentioned, TFSA is not too far from being able to achieve those. So what is holding you back from "putting it out there to chase"? Just do it!

Oh, and then you better start working on something bigger and hairier, you know!

Hehehehe... exciting!

Suspended
    Thanks
    "just do it" this phrase took me from the gutter to where i was to where i am right now...and to where i will be going the week after next.

i had nothing to loose and just made things happen...the problem with getting on top of things again is it becomes more difficult to apply this phrase...why because of the security...you start thinking "but what if" and this phrase will help you loose out on a lot of opitunities

when you loose everything you realise how little money and material things are worth to you...and if you dont take chances you can still loose everything...so if you adopt the attitude "just do it" you can never look back and say i wish i had done that...if you make a mistake...it becomes a lesson for the next challenge.

my ghag...still working on it...it will come to me eventually.

my point...live by this phrase and you will achive great things in life no matter how small they might seem to other people...thanks for reminding me mother.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Just do it is a good phrase to live by. Parking meters should remind us that we are losing money standing still - or doing nothing. We may all have this dream of one day lying on the beach on a tropical island with hoola girls and pinacoladas - doing nothing.

The problem is when you do nothing...............you DIE!
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.