Thread: Webinar Software

Thanks

Webinar Software

I am on the lookout for good and affordable (preferably free) Webinar software.

The obvious option is GoToWebinar, but the price tag is rather steep - $99 per month.

I have tested two free options, join.me and AnyMeeting, but they are both very slow compared to GoToWebinar.

I have also had a look at the Presentation mode of TeamViewer (I have a licensed version) and it is even faster than GoToWebinar, but it only allows up to 3 concurrent attendees.

Can anyone recommend any other alternatives? My Googling attempts have not yielded anything else worthwhile.
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

Thanks
    Have you perhaps tried mikogo? I've been put onto it as it's one of the very few cross-platform systems (i.e. M$ / Mac / Linux). Though I've not used it yet in a production environment, only a few tests - doesn't seem too slow, but of course that depends on your data connection.
    Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves. - Norm Franz
    And central banks are the slave clearing houses

3. Thanks given for this post:

Neville Bailey (18-Jul-11)

Thanks
    Thanks very much for that link, irneb!

I've just had a look at it and played with it live, and I am very impressed with it.

There are a host of features and settings and the speed is outstanding (I tested it between two laptops with Vodacom 3G modems).

The only downside is that there is a limitation of 10 participants to a webinar, but I can live with that for now. I will be happy to get that many concurrent participants and, if the interest grows, then I should be in a position to pay for the GoToMeeting application.

Thanks
    Yep, I don't think you're going to find a "decent" webinar software for a multitude of participants if you aren't going to pay for it. BTW, that mikogo is the "community based" version of BeamYourScreen ... which is not exactly "cheap" at all.
    Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves. - Norm Franz

Thanks
    I've just picked another downside with Mikogo - it does not have VOIP.

However, that's not a train smash - I could always run Skype in tandem with Mikogo, which means that my participants would first need to become Skype contacts with me.

Thanks
    Yes, that's also my biggest gripe with them. The main reason I'm not using it in our production environment. We tend to have a "conference" call-like session between 2 (perhaps 3) offices, each in a conference room with projectors. With this software we still need to make the call as well, and doing so internationally isn't the least pricey thing in the world!

Actually I was looking for a server-less software (i.e. don't need to login to their server) to do this (video + voice + screen/file share), though have yet to find something capable which won't cost the earth. You may also want to look at other alternatives: http://www.voip-news.com/feature/10-...-tools-111407/

Edit: And I've been put off Skype as they were bought out by M$ a few months back. That just makes me think their quality's going down hill at pace!

Thanks
    You may want to try RHUB webinar appliance (http://www.rhubcom.com/). It is a more affordable alternative to GoToWebinar but with similar quality service

Thanks
    Have you tried using gomeetnow web conferencing software? Try it out. It is very easy to use and fits your budget; costs only, $12.95 / month.