Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Criminal records

Suspended
    Thanks
    The problem arises when a person applies for a job. My wife has a recrutiment agency and comes across this time and time. Man applies for a job as a foreman for example. She goes thro the process and refers the candidate to a client - they like him, she now has to do the normal itc and criminal checks depending if the client wants it. If she goes thro a certain agency she gets a FULL listing on this man that shows full history ie criminal records and charges laid but not gone to court - if she goes thro another agency she only gets the listing of the actual convictions. She is obliged to divulge this information to her client ie whatever she knows, therefore obviously at the end of the day it is better for her and her candidate if she uses the agency that only shows the actual convictions and not the one showing the charges laid. It is also not perhaps fair on the candidate if the full charges etc history is used resulting in the client seeing this perhaps and rather then picking another person because he sees an "assault charge" that has been laid against this person, which might be totally fictitious.

Thanks

Please help!!

I wud like to check my criminal record.... How can I do dat!!

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Thommy View Post

Send me your details to tack@iburst.co.za . I will give you a cost on it. There are two types 1. Full crim check ie will include every charge laid against someone or 2. Crim record check of eg if you were found guilty on anything which would not inlcude any arbitory possible charge laid against a person.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Google for National Archives of South Africa (NASA) is a good place to start...
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    Google for National Archives of South Africa (NASA) is a good place to start...
    And then ..... ? now where exactly would you go on the nasa site to look for a crim record tec ?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Hi Thommy

I played around in the National Archives of South Africa (NASA) webpage and have a look they show you how to use the interface available on their webpage. There I found some information case numbers and things like that. But it is really difficult to figure out if what you are seeing is relevant.

So I Googled some more and found the procedure. Application for Police Clearance Certificate or How To Apply For a Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) I believe they describe in detail how to proceed. Just remember this is for your own information. I have no idea how to check someone else's criminal record.

I am still new to this so I will keep on digging until I figure out the rest.

I did send a lot of emails and will post any new findings here.

I hope this helps a bit
    Last edited by tec0; 17-Feb-12 at 04:47 PM.
    peace is a state of mind

Suspended
    Thanks
    Lucky u have so much time. Thommy if u realize that site does not give crim checks - you are welcome to contact me.
    Last edited by Just Gone; 17-Feb-12 at 08:55 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    National Archives of South Africa (NASA) Can be useful, but not with criminal records checks or so it would appear. That said I believe that the other links provided may proof useful for an individual in need of a PCC. I would imagine adding a PCC to a CV may establish a bit more trust between the applicants and a possible future employer.
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Why would you want to check your criminal record? Don't you remember your crimes?
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

10. Thanks given for this post:

Citizen X (27-Feb-12)

Thanks
    I want to throw a spanner in the works.

Fistly, there are no criminals outside of the jail. Why - because if there are there is something seriously wrong with the justice system and the police are not doing their work !

Now. Let's say someone did something wrong... what ever crime you can think of. If that person is cought, and sentence in court - then when the sentence has been paid or served in jail... whatever - then that person should receive his rights back - well, lets assume we still have rights because we don't.

If someone paid for his crimes, but that record is held against that person, then it means that there is no hope for rehabilitation.

Let me put it in another way. You just paid off your car, but the bank keeps taking you money because you bought a car ! Same thing. If you paid off your loan, you are free from the obligation to pay the bank amy more. If someone paid for his crime then why do you expect him to keep on paying ? Is any sentence for life... ?

So if someone is acting criminally, they should be arrested (the proper way) and taken to court. There is imo no use for black listing people - did they or did they not commit a crime ? Yes then the law should act. No, then they should not be blacklisted.

In SA there are too many grey areas. You can commit crime without being guilty because it is a grey area.
    Regards
    Fanie

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast