Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NEOTEL Capacity - technically speaking

Platinum Member sterne.law@gmail.com's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

NEOTEL Capacity - technically speaking

I am in dispute with NEOTEL (see Consumer Protection Thread), my phone worked reasonably well for about 4 months. Suddenly no more.
    I got a new handset so that area is eliminated. They claim that the signal in the area is too week and I need an antenna.
    What are the possible(in as simple terms as possible) reasons that a signal that was fine is now no longer existent, to all intents and purposes.
    I would understand if a tower or satelite crashed or was destroyed, or perhaps if a huge building is constructed. Failing this what can it be?
    Anthony Sterne

www.acumenholdings.co.za
    DISCLAIMER The above is merely a comment in discussion form and an open public arena. It does not constitute a legal opinion or professional advice in any manner or form.

Email problem
    Thanks
    I had this same problem with a useless wireless ISP here in Cape Town. ( I won't mention Wireless Online's name ).

Internet was working fine, with the occasional disconnects. ( We don't live in a perfect world ). Then all of a sudden, HUGE lag, high pings, huge packet loss etc

So I mail them, and get the reply, "Ja you see the frequency BS BS BS BS needs to be changed and to do this you need to get the upgraded equipment. Some more BS. It usually costs <insert random figure here> but we can give it to you for <insert random fabricated discount here>.

So I was like, "Cool story. Send me the cancellation form".

My point is, if it was working before, and it's not working now, then why must YOU pay? If they cannot give you a VALID factual reason why you must pay, then <insert swear word here> them. These SP's think they can just randomly charge the end user for whatever reason.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    My point is, if it was working before, and it's not working now, then why must YOU pay? If they cannot give you a VALID factual reason why you must pay, then <insert swear word here> them. These SP's think they can just randomly charge the end user for whatever reason.[/QUOTE]

ABSOLUTELY!!! I am not paying the R2000-00 they want for antenna(a subcontractor)
    I am referring the matter to the Consumer Tribunal, because this is BOLLOCKS!!
    Bottomline is their product is no longer working because of their fault!
    Anthony Sterne

www.acumenholdings.co.za
    DISCLAIMER The above is merely a comment in discussion form and an open public arena. It does not constitute a legal opinion or professional advice in any manner or form.

Suspended
    Thanks
    i have the same problem with mtn 3G it worked fine then suddenly now it will not work in the evening at all as if my airtime is finished...it just hangs...only works early in the morning and slow during the day...depending on where i am working.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sterne.law@gmail.com View Post
    this is BOLLOCKS!!
    Not to be confused with the 'dogs bollocks'
    This seems to be such a common issue I'm sure someone must have already tried a case like this with one of the companies so there may already be a legal precedent.

Thanks
    Neotel is know to have great speeds/signal when you start which rapidly decrease in signal once more people get onto the network. Neotel is useless at capacity control and do not care if you (the consumer) has to suffer later on. I did write about this on my Consumer Complaints blog http://pantsonfire.co.za/consumer-co...n-to-customers . It really annoys me that Neotel are aware of these complaints and simple say "SO What, you signed the contract and that is all that matters to us"... the sooner they go out of business the better... I actually use Telkom now and have had no problems.... that's right, I am satisfied with Telkom service at the moment
    Bryan Casson: SEO Expert & Owner of Casson Media
    "Google or Bing...... um what is Bing?"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Hi Bryan,

Went to your post. I have posted on my facebook and twitter sites for any other complaints.
    I am referring my own matter this week. Perhaps during the process or afterwords I can take them on with these other issues and get rulings in terms of these practices.
    Any facts or info welcome. I have NEOTEL firmly in my sights. Such abuse is in exusable. I can accept glitches, even VODACOMS disaster, but these are things in their power and the stance is obviously "to hell with the consumer, supplying them with the gareed service will eat into our bottomline!!!"
    Anthony Sterne

www.acumenholdings.co.za

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Bryan,

How do I tweet your post? And post link onto my facebook page?

Ah, figured it out, by cutting and pasting.
    Anthony Sterne

www.acumenholdings.co.za

Thanks
    Actually, I created the site just so I could complain about Neotel, you can see the history of complaints here http://pantsonfire.co.za/company/neotel/ and if you look under the forum you will see all the speed complaints that they did nothing about. If you wish to take them on and need a witness, I have plenty of records and paperwork to prove their disgusting practice. I even have recordings of their incompetent employees saying one thing and then denying they said it later.
    Bryan Casson: SEO Expert & Owner of Casson Media
    "Google or Bing...... um what is Bing?"

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Had the same issue with my security company signal to the control room. Worked for a year and then stopped. They also said its due to more companies installing antennas etc... and more frequencies in town etc... they also wanted me to pay for new extra equipment. I refused under the agreements of the security contract that they must ensure the equipment etc... is working & it went on for a few months because i refused to pay until they installed the new equipment for free.

The part that was disturbing to me though was that if they are aware of this type of problem in the security industry(as the technician said its common) why dont they inform clients before it becomes an issue!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast