Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keys words and websites and Google

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Keys words and websites and Google

Not so sure where to put this thread but of late when I google "pastel help", found it strange that the forum should be on the front page of google rank 5. Was wondering if this means people using pastel rarely look to the net for problems. And this is one of the fews places people come for Pastel help.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I'm not surprised! TFSA has its very own Pastel consultant!

Speak to Neville Bailey if you're having a problem.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vieome View Post
    found it strange that the forum should be on the front page of google rank 5.
    To me it's no surprise at all.

Relevant content...
    Good SEO...
    Reputable social media site credibility...

When it comes to search, TFSA has pretty serious juice.

4. Thanks given for this post:

Chrisjan B (27-Jun-12)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Just a thought and advice for Neville

So I guess in a sense Neville Bailey is missing something in this, because people who are searching for someone like him end up at the forum, when they could be led by good directly to his site. In trying to promote his site I think Neville should put more content on how to solve pastel problems that may give him a higher google ranking for Pastel Help.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Just a thought and advice for Neville

So I guess in a sense Neville Bailey is missing something in this, because people who are searching for someone like him end up at the forum, when they could be led by good directly to his site.
    The exposure here isn't exactly without benefits

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	signature-biz-card.JPG 
Views:	226 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	2671

I suggest you consider things this way:

You've got a secluded island that provides a great venue for a quiet getaway.
    How do you get people to know that your beautiful island even exists?
    By putting up signs on your island that no-one goes past? (Which is exactly why it's so blissfully quiet).

Or do you put the sign up where it'll actually be seen?
    A busy road, or a somewhere known as a good place to find information about secluded islands to stay on?

The fast food industry's food-hall principle is a similar concept.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Sorry Dave by no means was I trying to say he must remove his presence here, truth be told this is a wonderful island here all I was suggesting was that apart from the exposure here , he can increase his internet exposure, by taking advantage of the Pastel Help search that leads people here. All internet sites would be islands in the web, and the God google decides which islands gets a sign, this island has found favour with the google, because 'of Relevant content...
    Good SEO...
    Reputable social media site credibility... ' but in the case of the Pastel Help key word google search, my thinking was that there simply is not alot of web islands offering that service and that could help him expose his own site. This the forum island is great for helping us expose our own little islands, but I am guessing at some stage most people are aiming to make their islands "THE ISLAND" on google for the product or service they offer.

Thanks
    Extremely true. however I'd also like to believe this island gets people in the right sort of mood to not only move on to Neville's island, But plan many more trips there. In the end it's not only about the destination, it's also the ride that has taken them there =)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Sorry Dave by no means was I trying to say he must remove his presence here
    All

It's actually an interesting (and pertinent) discussion.

but in the case of the Pastel Help key word google search, my thinking was that there simply is not alot of web islands offering that service and that could help him expose his own site.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pastel help.JPG 
Views:	228 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	2672

I don't know how many islands that might represent, but over 46 million pages is quite a few

he can increase his internet exposure, by taking advantage of the Pastel Help search that leads people here.
    The short answer is - effectively he is (and anyone else can too if they go the same route). (I don't know if that was Neville's original intention, but it certainly is working out that way.)

The longer answer is Neville can stick to dealing with the technical challenges he's familiar with (Pastel Accounting issues) and servicing clients (making money) while leaving the SEO, traffic generation and credibility building to someone else (in this case TFSA and the TFSA community).

The social engineering of the site is based on the concept of "fair value trading" and is deliberately designed to help achieve that potential reward to anyone that steps up to that level of skilled, technical support in their area of expertise.

ps. It's probably worth pointing out that signature links also pass on the juice. I don't know the historical performance of Neville's website on organic search, but Professional Pastel Support is also on page 1 of the SERP at the moment.

Email problem WebsiteDesignCapeTown's Avatar
    Thanks
    I've just registered and this is my first thread that I'm reading and I can tell you guys now I can already see myself trying to spend as much time as possible reading and chatting to all of you. Thanks.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    It is strange that when it comes to search most of us only count google. And I thought I would do a search using bing(Because It's Not Google), and the pastel help does not bring up the forum. The way people explain SEO seems to mostly relate to google. I know google is God but wondered what one has to do to SEO for BING.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast