Thread: Pastel Payroll - How do I put travel allowance paid with petrol card on payslip?

Silver Member
    Thanks

Pastel Payroll - How do I put travel allowance paid with petrol card on payslip?

Hi,

If an employee receives a travel allowance in the form of all travel expenses paid with company petrol card, how do I put this on the payslip?

Say the employee spent R1,000 on petrol. I put the R1,000 under 5501 (Income) and then under code 6026 80% of this value is prepopulated (Benefits). But now, I don't want to pay this R1,000 to the employee, as he receives it when putting petrol in with the petrol card (otherwise I would be duplicating this payment).

How do I now "deduct" the R1,000 so that he still gets taxed on the R800, but the R1,000 does not form part of his net pay?

Please advise.

Thanks
    Hi there, I'm not 100% sure if there might be an easier way, but I would say just deduct the R1000 under code 8500 and remember to rename the code to "Petrol Card deduction" or something to that effect.
    always fear when Christel is near....

3. Thanks given for this post:

J7J (05-Jul-13)

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Hi Christel,

Thank you. I checked it with Pastel Payroll a few days ago as well and they had similar advice. What the consultant and I also agreed on, is that it might be even better to create a new code and link it to template 8500, then you have a specific code for this.

Thanks again.

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J7J View Post
    Hi,

If an employee receives a travel allowance in the form of all travel expenses paid with company petrol card, how do I put this on the payslip?

Say the employee spent R1,000 on petrol. I put the R1,000 under 5501 (Income) and then under code 6026 80% of this value is prepopulated (Benefits). But now, I don't want to pay this R1,000 to the employee, as he receives it when putting petrol in with the petrol card (otherwise I would be duplicating this payment).

How do I now "deduct" the R1,000 so that he still gets taxed on the R800, but the R1,000 does not form part of his net pay?

Please advise.
    Did you have to create code 6026? I can't see this code in my transaction table?

Thanks
    Hi there,
    code 6026 is a Benefit code. It is a standard code. You do not have to create it. Once you add 5501 with a value to your default tab, the 6026 gets added automatically with a value in.
    always fear when Christel is near....

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Christel View Post
    Hi there,
    code 6026 is a Benefit code. It is a standard code. You do not have to create it. Once you add 5501 with a value to your default tab, the 6026 gets added automatically with a value in.
    Thanks Christel - I wasnt using the default tab