Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Scrap DSTV Anyone?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    i will hammer on the DVD option because it is a real option and i got a lot of bang for my money. The DVD's i buy is over all inexpensive and yea i get ALL the history and behind the making of the series all the cool stuff like where the research was done there sources and so on. It is great! I got full documentaries about sharks to, the human mind to the History of U175 and other History about the second world war. Cool thing is i can watch it when i want.

Nothing replaces books in my opinion BUT that said if it is documentaries you want then you will love some of the extra stuff they put on the DVD sets. It is brilliantly done. Nah streaming and DSTV and SABC is a waste of time.

That said did anyone successfully de-register from SABC ??? I am thinking to get rid of my TV just so that the option of TV isn't there anymore...
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    We got rid of DSTV in 2007 and none of us miss it one bit. We hardly ever watch TV because the programs are mostly rubbish and the news is terribly biased. We all watch whatever, or whenever we choose on our own computers or tablets be it YouTube or stream channels. We often download series and watch them too.

Thanks
    Surely now in 2015 I can call a real "cable guy" and get one huge ass mother dish and special decoder?! Watch a whole US bass master classic live, all their military channels, paramilitary channels, ISIS news (produced by said soon), ALL news channels, top documentaries galore... movies? I purchase the equipment and pay for the labour, NO subscription. I will be the technician, yes deep end but then back-of-hand.

This is a technical question, this means that I am Not seeking ethical responses... mmk.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    M-Net’s quotas not an isolated case - Solidarity

Trade union Solidarity today said that pay channel M-Net’s recent discriminatory advertisement, indicating that only black, Indian and coloured candidates may apply for a paid internship programme offered by its Magic in Motion Academy, is not an isolated case.

According to the Head of Solidarity’s Centre for Fair Labour Practices Dirk Groenewald, it has come to Solidarity’s attention that this advertisement is not the first time that Multichoice has reserved vacant posts for certain race groups only. “Multichoice has already advertised a significant number of posts exclusively for specific race groups. It is clear that the race problem at Multichoice is far more significant than initially thought,” Groenewald said.

Meanwhile, M-Net has responded to Solidarity’s initial letter sent to the channel, contending that it could possibly be attributed to a misunderstanding. “It is impossible that any misunderstanding could have arisen as it is stated expressly that only black, Indian and coloured candidates may apply for the available internships,” Groenewald said.

source
    So much for our constitution right... I mean does anyone actually still read it?

This is just a over-all sad situation and actually takes my train of thought into a new direction. But as it is stated this is not the first time and will not be the last.
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pmbguy View Post
    Surely now in 2015 I can call a real "cable guy" and get one huge ass mother dish and special decoder?! Watch a whole US bass master classic live, all their military channels, paramilitary channels, ISIS news (produced by said soon), ALL news channels, top documentaries galore... movies? I purchase the equipment and pay for the labour, NO subscription. I will be the technician, yes deep end but then back-of-hand.

This is a technical question, this means that I am Not seeking ethical responses... mmk.
    i have seen systems that you can plug into your SMART TV that will allow you to pick up FREE digital channels but will it work in South Africa?

peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    I've started my free month of the official South African version of Netflix, coupled with Smartflix so that I can access the global Netflix offerings as well.

I am impressed so far and I will soon be purchasing an Apple TV unit.

Goodbye DSTV and all your expensive repeats and boring content!
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

Thanks
    Agreed, simply so much more on there. And as you say, no repeats, and all available at the time of your choosing. Of course - less all those adverts (which are 90% just ads of DSTV's own programs).
    Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves. - Norm Franz
    And central banks are the slave clearing houses

Thanks
    Neville,
    You should try Unotelly as well they also have the filmefy site which tells you which country has which shows.
    Anyway enjoy it as you can watch some classics like cheers on it.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Thanks
    How does one cancel the DSTV subscription?

I logged onto my DSTV account and selected the option to disconnect my package (which only is effective when my next debit order is due) and then, for good measure, changed my payment method from debit order to cash, just in case they processed a debit order again.

Is that all I need to do?
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The only draw back here is that a number of the current and latest sitcoms and other shows can not be accessed by Netflix, because Multichoice has purchased the rights for RSA.
    I am not sure here but there may also be a block on live sport because again Multichoice has the monopoly for the RSA region.

SO depending on the type of shows that you wish to view, it may be limited and not the current stuff.
    All in all still a good option alternative option.

Multichoice now has a competitor, but because they make so money from the subscription and the additional advertising income, they are going to be muscling out competitors vigorously.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast