Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Be honest about SA

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pmbguy View Post
    I must say I thought HR or Adrian would tell me to stop complaining. Where are you buggers? Hell I am not sure how I would respond since I am technically complaining.
    I have way too much on my mind to care about South African politics. America is doing its best to goad North Korea into starting Thermonuclear war (which America will claim to defend the world against - bullshit artists). I have a huge amount of work to do for my customers and then also development of my own products. ...lets just say that the little insignificant cockroaches that rule this country are not significant to me right now.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 2,259 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The thing is... Dave, even if You remain positive it does not change the real situation.
    It changes my capacity to deal with, or at least operate within, the real situation.

However, I see your point, I too sometimes pretend that all is well.
    No, I don't pretend all is well. I recognise the mess for what it is, but don't linger over it. I ration my exposure to a level where it doesn't start harming my personal performance.

In practicality being positive is probably the one thing that absolutely relates to success.
    Yeah, I've found it's pretty important. That's why I consciously keep track of my frame of mind and actively manage it.

Thanks
    Dave. It must require all fantasy to pretend that we face nothing less than disaster. Look, one can make money in conflict, hell if you smart enough you could kill it. Coffins, petrol and pap. Dave, the fundamentals of civilization require some bloody form of control. What will happen in 2019? What will happen when the ANC is no longer in control? Can you imagine the ANC as the position?... I can, it means war. Even if Zuma becomes Zuma... then we will be like Zim. War still, only this time EEF or similar against the state. We as fodder nonetheless. Perhaps I am too pessimistic... then you show us a way out.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    I mean that, Dave, please show us a way out. I cannot imagine one, at least not with any measure of logic.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    What I mean is : Logically, how can we be OK?

In which way can we not become usual Africa? It makes me sick, don't sleep much anymore. One has to be a special kind of stupid not to be preparing for a dark horizon. Well, I am not leaving. You buggers will go... don't lie I know you will. I will have to stay, no ancestral and not enough cash. Besides, life is very short and fighting for something happens only once in a lifetime.

Good luck to you all!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    So how did you feel the following morning?

7. Thanks given for this post:

DPCK (16-Dec-17)

Thanks
    Pretty shit, Dave, pretty shit.

Dave, I read history concerning war and conflict, a hobby if you will. In most books you will find an introduction or chapters concerning the causes of war. So, Look around you. Just bloody look. Like most books on war there are chapters explaining why.

The general public... if you happen to be weak and stupid at the same time.

Now, it is rather clear what those variables are. Just from the top of my hat... like appropriating a farm without compensation. How well did that work in Rhodesia, Mozambique, Angola, Congo, Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, CAR ... how did that work out?

I have realized that one must specialize (the Z is spell check). One must read wide but specialize.

Thanks
    Dave, are you busy immigrating or is that emigrating. Whatever, are you? I hope not.

Thanks
    "Pretty much why I have stopped spending much time thinking about it" , this post from you, Dave, page 1 or 2.

Dave, I am sure you may have a liberal slant. Beyond mere politics I know you are a good man. I know that. I only have this one question, Dave, is it possible that the old shit Boere were right when they warned us? More specifically, which warnings were incorrect?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Dave, are you busy immigrating or is that emigrating. Whatever, are you? I hope not.
    Long way from it, actually. Just recently put my signature to a 6 year local commitment. If it comes to pass, things will have to get really messed up for me to abandon that.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.