Thread: Tax Clearance

Email problem
    Thanks

Tax Clearance

Hi all

One of my client is registered his new business last week and he asked me to get him tax clearance.
    My questions are:

Do you get tax clearence if you are registered for Income tax,Uif and Paye?
    Can i get a tax clearance without going to SARS Offices i mean telephonically?

any question or input is welcomed thank you.

Thanks
    Hi regim,

If you have him set up on efiling, you can apply via that medium. Once it has been cleared, you will be told that it can be picked up at any SARS office. Please note that he would have to do it himself, or you need a letter of authority from him.

When there, he can also ask for more than one tax clearance certificate as only originals are accepted for tenders - also saves you having to go back and wait every time.

Tax clearance certificates are usually valid for a year at a time, so if you need another one within that period, you only have to go to SARS and quote the clearance number.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Email problem
    Thanks
    Hi Mike

thank you very much for your reply can i register him on efiling even if he is not registered for Income tax,Paye and others?

Thanks
    As your client has started a business I would imagine that he would have (at the least) normal Income Tax and perhaps provisional tax. That should be enough to register on efiling. I don't think that he would have to register for any of the others until he begins to employ people.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    When there, he can also ask for more than one tax clearance certificate as only originals are accepted for tenders - also saves you having to go back and wait every time.
    I always ask for 20 at a time. It's unusual that I actually need 20 in a year, but going for the max on this one every time is gently pleasing on the soul for some reason.

Thanks
    You don't need to load his tax numbers on e-filing you just go the the tax clearance section (services, tax clearance) on your e-filing and fill in his details but you will have to have his tax number first so you will have to wait for the registration.

You will wait for about 5 days and they will approve the application, you will need the approval letter with the number on it, Power of Attorney, copy of director ID and your ID document in order to collect it from SARS.
    Geraldene Kapp
    Professional Tax Help
    www.mytaxhelp.co.za

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    I suggest that you do whatever you have to to remind yourself at least 2 months prior to the expiry date of the TCC to re-apply for a new one. They tend to expire "Murphy" style just as you need one and SARS need a reasonable period in which to re-issue for a further year.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    If you are a tax practitioner and get the clearances from the consultant they do not usually even ask for ID. I do these all the time. They process the approval, ask how many you want and that's the end of that. However with the new system if the entity is registered for PAYE the EMP 501's must be up to date or the approval will not be granted.

Email problem
    Thanks
    THanks everyone for replying

as this is a new business i want register if for income tax which form must i fill to register and what are the requirements

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by regim View Post
    THanks everyone for replying

as this is a new business i want register if for income tax which form must i fill to register and what are the requirements
    You must complete an IT77C, and submit it together with the Company's Incorporation Certificate, Proof of Bank Account (Original letter from the bank or cancelled cheque - preferably both - knowing SARS!) proof of trading address, and certified ID's of the members or directors. The turnaround time is 10 working days if you cant persuade them to do it immediately. It depends on how helpful they are at the time. And their mood - I find.