Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Workmans Compensation Earnings return form

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Workmans Compensation Earnings return form

With the return of earnings for Workmans Compensation due by 31st March, if you haven't received a return of earnings form yet, it's available *outdated link removed - updated below*.

If you can get the Department of Labour website to respond, that is. It seems to be taking strain today.
    Last edited by Dave A; 21-Mar-12 at 01:43 PM. Reason: outdated link removed

Thanks
    Did you know ?

If you within the buidling and construction industry, you do not have to be registered with the Compensation Fund, You may register with FEM at the same cost.

Email problem
    Thanks
    I tried to download return of earnings form as you said but it said it's not available.

Regards
    Marie

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    This is the latest available that I've managed to find, but it's for 2010. I'm saving it for a hail mary shot at filing a return if there isn't more news about this year's return by the beginning of next week.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Email problem
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    This is the latest available that I've managed to find, but it's for 2010. I'm saving it for a hail mary shot at filing a return if there isn't more news about this year's return by the beginning of next week.

Thank you Dave

I also downloaded this old form but don't know if they will accept it because it seems to me that they will use any excuse to make us pay the penalties and interest for late submissions. When I phoned this yesterday to querrie when I will receive my form this black lady said they are not ready yet. So I asked her is it still due the the 31st of March she said yes. So I asked her if I will be charged interest and penalties for late submissions because it will be because they are so slack and she said yes. She said it's up to me to phone them again on the 26st and ask if the forms are ready. What a cheek! I think we must all just refuse to pay any interest and penalties for late submissions!

Thanks
    Hi All

Yes its that time of the year again, yes no new return of earnings forms has been sent out as yet, as according to some officials at the Fund they looking at rolling out the new system on the 17th of April similar to e-filing, I doubt it will happen, but lets wait and see.
    Yes penalties will be charged at 10%, irrespective as the system calculates the penalty , totally unfair I know, but thats the Fund for you.
    Im almost certain the 2011 return will differ from the 2010, so rather not send that form in.

I will try and obtain more info from the Fund later today and will post accordingly.

7. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (20-Mar-12)

Thanks
    Ok just got off the phone with a contact at the Fund, and they have applied to the Comissioner for extension for deadlines for submissions.it seems they are still waiting to confirm the wage ceiling , which is strange as we have received the maximum wage ceiling already (R292031.00 per employee per annum).

As soon as I receive a copy of the new return, will post a link.

9. Thank given for this post:

Christel (20-Mar-12), Dave A (20-Mar-12)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    From the Return of Earnings question thread:

Quote Originally Posted by ChristelACS View Post
    We have numerous problems with WCC and it's no use to object against anything as they don't correct anything or waiver penalties & interest like SARS. I have the 2011 final 2012 provisional W.As.8 in Excel format if anybody is interested...(and can tell me how to upload the doc).. but it would be no use to complete and post to them, as they have changed to a new system and if you don't have your new ref number... they might just end up losing your form ...
    I contacted Christel and am delighted to report the 2011 return form in Excel format is attached below.

I suggest take heed of Christel's warning about the new reference numbers, but at least if you haven't got your new number yet and are going to call Workmans Compensation you'll be able to ask for your new number while you're about it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

11. Thank given for this post:

cagenuts (22-Mar-12), sandyb (21-Mar-12)

Thanks
    We all now the program SAP (definition is deep black hole to deposit all your money in) - well the Compensation Fund installed that some 8 months ago - need I say that everybody knows that it takes a little longer (some years) to get it working.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    From the Return of Earnings question thread:

I contacted Christel and am delighted to report the 2011 return form in Excel format is attached below.

I suggest take heed of Christel's warning about the new reference numbers, but at least if you haven't got your new number yet and are going to call Workmans Compensation you'll be able to ask for your new number while you're about it.
    Dave, thanks for posting the new form. Not sure how you managed that but a BIG thank you. Now at least I can submit my return on time (and still be charged a late submission penalty - like last year). Here's hoping though. This time I will get proof that I've delivered / mailed it to them on time.

Good luck all!

Ciao

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast