Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: To be a "Settler" or not

Thanks

To be a "Settler" or not

Something that I've often thought about. If white South Africans are referred to as "European settlers" and that we should not have stayed in SA. What is the situation with "other" nationalities in South Africa. Any comments?
    Last edited by JanChris; 28-Jan-15 at 09:44 PM. Reason: less offensive

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Don't you have anything better to do with your time?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    Don't you have anything better to do with your time?
    I meant nothing sinister about the question. Just goes to show that its acceptable for some of us to say what they feel and others not. If some of the questions are taboo and are not permitted, please let me know. As an entire SA nation wanting to build a new South Africa, why are the politicians allowed to say whatever they please but the voters have to keep quiet. Unfortunately to many, I usually ask for comments in a straight and direct manner. I have had one on one discussions with people from many different backgrounds and not one has ever been offended as you appear to be. These folk have always engaged in a meaningful debate and if I came across to them a bit strongly, they would explain why and we would continue the discussion. I had the very same discussion with a guy (of a different race) today at work.

Suspended
    Thanks
    . I had the very same discussion with a guy (of a different race) today at
    Then you must have got your answer ....

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JanChris View Post
    I meant nothing sinister about the question. Just goes to show that its acceptable for some of us to say what they feel and others not. If some of the questions are taboo and are not permitted, please let me know. As an entire SA nation wanting to build a new South Africa, why are the politicians allowed to say whatever they please but the voters have to keep quiet. Unfortunately to many, I usually ask for comments in a straight and direct manner. I have had one on one discussions with people from many different backgrounds and not one has ever been offended as you appear to be. These folk have always engaged in a meaningful debate and if I came across to them a bit strongly, they would explain why and we would continue the discussion. I had the very same discussion with a guy (of a different race) today at work.
    I'm not offended, I'm just very tired of going round and round the same old topic of 'race' No matter how much one flogs the horse it is still very very dead...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    I'm not offended, I'm just very tired of going round and round the same old topic of 'race' No matter how much one flogs the horse it is still very very dead...
    To you and I the topic is dead, but maybe you should remind the politicians as they think it is still alive. Not very healthy for nation building if the politicians continue to remind us. But feel free to comment on my original question/comment regarding "other" nationalities in SA.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    Then you must have got your answer ....
    HR, you would be VERY suprised at the opinions of the folk in the street. Maybe you should consider having such discussions and hear "other's" opinion and not just have your own view. It is really an eye opener, it takes some balls to raise not so popular topics sometimes and hear the different opinions.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JanChris View Post
    HR, you would be VERY suprised at the opinions of the folk in the street. Maybe you should consider having such discussions and hear "other's" opinion and not just have your own view. It is really an eye opener, it takes some balls to raise not so popular topics sometimes and hear the different opinions.

Thanks I will "consider" that.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I simply don't think about $h1t like that anymore. Brain energy is better spent on more productive thinking.

Thanks
    I was under the impression that a "forum" is where people with different views chat and comment about whats happening in the country and world. If the topic was raised before, it could be before I joined. Adrian, I do not think it is shit when these comments are made publicly.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast