Thread: George Orwell's Animal Farm

Diamond Member
    Thanks

George Orwell's Animal Farm

For those of you who haven't yet read the book, you can listen to it online. I think that this book should be read to each and every voter before they cast their vote. It is amazing how nothing has really changed since 1945 when the book was written.

http://archive.org/details/GeorgeOrw...FarmRadioAudio

2. Thanks given for this post:

Blurock (27-May-12)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Audio books are intended to assist the visually impaired.

Good idea

Thanks
    A wise man on this forum remarked: "The more things change, the more they stay the same." I agree!What we need to be very vigilant about as South African citizens is which puppies have Napoleon taken. They are puppies so they very young and impressionable. Depending on how Napoleon grooms them we can either have a positive result i.e. the 9 puppies when full grown are custodians of our Constitution and further the advancement of human rights or we can have the very same situation that Snowball had. Snowball with good intention(dolus) attempts to present his ideas to the other animals at their weekly get together. Napoleon suddenly appears with what is no longer 9 huggable puppies but 9 vicious attack dogs willing to kill for their master! The dogs drive Snowball from the farm. Things become progressively worse from hereon. Napoleon's dogs message was unequivalent, 'we'll kill for Napoleon." So George Orwell did a remarkable job with drawing such parralles and analogies!
    Last edited by Citizen X; 27-May-12 at 06:36 PM.
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I love audio books. I'm one of those people that grew up listening to stories on the radio. I still listen to talk radio all day long. The nice thing about audio books is that one can listen while doing something else. I spent the day cleaning, laser cutting and assembling the lasercut stuff, all the while listening to Animal Farm and 1984.

As an aside: I found listening to audio books to be the perfect distraction whilst driving long distance. It keeps the mind occupied and alert.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    For those of you who haven't yet read the book, you can listen to it online. I think that this book should be read to each and every voter before they cast their vote. It is amazing how nothing has really changed since 1945 when the book was written.

http://archive.org/details/GeorgeOrw...FarmRadioAudio
    We need a lot more voter education in South Africa as the majority of people do not understand democracy. We can not keep voting along racial lines or personal bias. It is time that we all grow up and act in the interest of South Africa and our childrens future.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...