Thread: How make a new brand as famous as prada,gucci,chanel?

Thanks

How make a new brand as famous as prada,gucci,chanel?

Looking on the success, we are really envious and we start to have the dream that we will have a brand as them. To get a brand or register a new brand is easy but to promote is the diffculty.

How to make the new brand to known by the public?
    To my experience, we just know the normal way, google adwords,ad, banner,local advertise, tv ads.

How to make the brand to be trusted by the public?

Thanks
    You are focusing on mainstream and old school marketing methods. You have many many free platforms that only requires some creativity and initiative. Use the social media platforms available to you. As soon as you build your community and post relevant, interesting content, they will come to trust your brand.

Set yourself a goal and go for it. You are lucky to have a product that has a big consumer audience.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    When it comes to reputation, those brands have something in particular most brands don't really try to shoot for particularly well, exclusivity.

To my experience, we just know the normal way, google adwords,ad, banner,local advertise, tv ads.
    Trash those methods.

You have many many free platforms that only requires some creativity and initiative. Use the social media platforms available to you. As soon as you build your community and post relevant, interesting content, they will come to trust your brand.
    Trash that too.

Either you're looking at the wrong role models, or you don't understand what makes those particular brands famous and desirable.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by robinsonwang View Post
    Looking on the success, we are really envious and we start to have the dream that we will have a brand as them. To get a brand or register a new brand is easy but to promote is the diffculty.

How to make the new brand to known by the public?

How to make the brand to be trusted by the public?
    You do not build a brand with adwords, advertising and social media. A brand is something that is sought after. As Dave said; exclusivity is what makes a brand stand out. Make the best product there is in that line. Highest quality, best design etc. Back up your guarantees and product value. Then supply just short of the number to satisfy the market, but make sure that the people that count have your products...

There are different brands that stand out because of quality, value for money or desirability (fashion statements). Some are cheap, some are very expensive, but they all have one thing in common;quality.

Take Toyota as an example. They make the ugliest cars in the world, but they are one of the top sellers as they are renowned for their quality. I would prefer a Ferrari, but ....
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    You do not build a brand with adwords, advertising and social media. As Dave said; exclusivity is what makes a brand stand out
    I'm not sure I agree.

McDonalds is a famous brand - it's not exactly exclusive. My point (perhaps not well expressed) is McDonalds and Gucci have a completely different brand image, which requires completely different marketing approaches to create and maintain.

Prada, Gucci and Chanel is less about what it is, but what it says about the person who buys it... discerning, glamorous, successful etc.
    McDonalds reputation is all about what it is... consistent, reliable, cheap etc.

I guess my question is - do you really want to build a brand that is famous like Gucci, or should you rather be looking at McDonalds, or Marks and Spencer, or Toyota, or something else as your brand model?

Building a brand like Gucci has very specific requirements that aren't applicable to a lot of other famous brands.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Agreed Dave. Maybe I wasn't very clear. Positioning a brand is very important. Identifying your target market and getting the message to them, whether it is exclusive and expensive such as Gucci or inexpensive such as MacDonald's. The one is aimed at the personal, exclusive market and the other at the mass market.

What is common in all top brands is Quality, Value for Money, Positive Customer Experience.

I say it again, a brand is established not by by buzzwords, but by the sum total of how you conduct your business and how every employee and supplier in the chain support the brand. You will not drink tea or coffee at a Coca Cola plant, because those are competing beverages.

Consider franchises. Wimpy or Holiday Inns have been around since I was a kid. They may not be the best, but you know that they maintain a certain standard (quality) and you may choose them over some unknown brand when travelling in a foreign country.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The thing with Guicci, Prada, Channel, etc are fashion statements, which were initially represented by fashion makers, who instilled a brand, and were creative about the marketing of this brand in a glamorous almost dream like environment. They had the knack to steer fashion, which was attracted by their character.

You will notice that American advertising, always tries to get a famous person to be using their product, they are trying to create a trend where people want to follow.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za