Was wondering how would you guys go about trying to motivate sales reps ? I have been employed at a company on the marketing side and have told me that they would like me to increase sales through marketing. Since joining the team i have sat in all the sales meeting and these sales reps are not performing at all! They have not hit target this year and its July. I said to the company that we need to see ways to motivate the sales reps before we spend money on the marketing side. I rate that the sales team is focusing on about 40% of their full capacity which leaves 60% for improvement which in terms means more sales and 60% less on marketing budget at the start.
The reps get a good salary 10k basic + petrol + cell phone + comm ( which they never get as they never hit target)
So tell me what are ways to which i can try and motivate these guys to get going and get sales. I have tried doing specials with them like "who ever sells the most gets an extra grand" well lets say that went in one ear and out the other.
SO basically i need major help !