Thread: BMF tipping point

Thanks

BMF tipping point

I just read this letter on News24

Stop the Bus(a) screams BMF!
    by The Third Wors
    2011-07-05 09:00
    In a non-racial, free and open society I am glad to report that the BMF (Brothers only, ‘Mlungu’s Forbidden) have decided to step off the Busa (Business Unity South Africa), citing irreconcilable differences in opinion, and skin colour.

FYI - Bros, Mates and Friends consists largely of government employed souls, like its president Jimmy Manyi, he of Government Communication and supporter of the suppression of freedom of information.

Of course, with leaders of this calibre and few actual business owners who have contributed to this economy through their entrepreneurial excellence amongst its members, the Bucks Made Fast club is feeling the heat in a world where things are not given to you just because you are of a certain creed or colour.

Silly planet this, eh?

Apparently the “last straw to break the camel’s back” occurred when Busa refused the BMFs “demands” that the “black caucus” within Busa should have the sole right to nominate candidates for the position of Busa’s new Chief Executive.

So...let’s get this straight. The Beyond Mental Fraternity stripped their moer because an organisation with many members refused to allow one group the sole right to nominate candidates for that organisation’s Chief Executive?

The nerve of it all.

I half imagine there are some Corporate Governance issues with the BMFs request in the first place, never mind the ludicrous nature of the request itself, but that’s me. I suppose it must be my white tendency of wanting procedure followed and allowing all members a say in the running of their organisation that makes me think like this but there you go.

Old habits die hard.

Next to running around with a white pointy hat and burning crosses, the adherence to fair play and protocol are a few of my favourite things.

I’d like to point out that I was joking in the first part of the above sentence but, I fear, it doesn’t really matter because there are those in our society who only want to hear what they want to hear, and want to believe what they want to believe.

That’s why a wholly pointless organisation like the Black Management Forum thinks itself worthy of special privilege and above adherence to best practice.

The mere fact that most of its members haven’t built any business from the ground up, have not contributed positively to the local economy and have shown little or no entrepreneurial initiative between them makes the very existence of the BMF as laughable an idea as an independent Afrikaner Volkstaat where 5 000 angry wavers of the old flag can congregate, drink brandy and listen to Steve Hofmeyr until the cows come home.

I think it’s high time we call a spade a spade.

There is no place for a racially exclusive organisation in South Africa. The fact that such an institution is headed up by a man who wants to stop journalists from reporting on government corruption and mismanagement should tell you a lot about the goals and aspirations of this group of individuals...

None of it’s good, I’m afraid.

Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.
    Link When is enough enough for BMF. I copied the whole article as it may get deleted. My perspective is some organisations just want to try and destroy anything white never mind the consequences. Will the rainbow nation ever work?
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hopefully now BUSA will get back to representing genuine business interests instead of pandering.